Home

It's Good? Really?

This is a discussion on It's Good? Really? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon5 It's Good? Really?

Last night I played an online dynasty game against the CPU. I'm Arizona State and I was at USC. With a minute to go in the half, USC attempted a 52 yard field goal to tie the game at 17 apiece. I've watched the replay many, many times and the ball clearly hits the left upright and bounces left and backwards back into the endzone. Simple right? Well the Field Goal was called good. I ended up winning the game anyway (by 4 points) but has anyone else had this happen? Strangest thing I've ever seen in this game (and that's a bold statement). By the way, you cannot challenge the field goal call, in case you were wondering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: It's Good? Really?

if you lost cuz of that what woulda happened
Old 11-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
Rookie

I don't restart games, so losing like that would've been pretty awful. Thankfully it ended up not mattering.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #4
Pro

Gamecock's Arena

OVR: 9

I cant remember if I had kicked it or the CPU did, but the ball went through the cross bar and was called good.

Being a lazy gamer is one thing but being lazy at gaming is another.
On ODogg's and Stewaat's insincere laziness.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcooper47
Last night I played an online dynasty game against the CPU. I'm Arizona State and I was at USC. With a minute to go in the half, USC attempted a 52 yard field goal to tie the game at 17 apiece. I've watched the replay many, many times and the ball clearly hits the left upright and bounces left and backwards back into the endzone. Simple right? Well the Field Goal was called good. I ended up winning the game anyway (by 4 points) but has anyone else had this happen? Strangest thing I've ever seen in this game (and that's a bold statement). By the way, you cannot challenge the field goal call, in case you were wondering.
I haven't seen this addressed much, but this has happened to me at least 4 times (sometimes in critical parts of the game), and it amazes me that it didn't get more flak here, and wasn't addressed through 2 patches.

If the ball hits an upright from ANY angle, it is called good. I've had the CPU kick wide left or right and have it be called good, or hit an upright and clearly bounce backwards or off to the side, and those are called "good" as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
Rookie

As if field goals aren't easy enough to begin with.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #7
MVP

stewart#28's Arena

OVR: 0

I've had it happen 3 or 4 times....needs to be fixed.
12' 12-4

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »