Home

Tips to a successfull offline dynasty

This is a discussion on Tips to a successfull offline dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #1
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5
Tips to a successfull offline dynasty

Let me start off by saying this is a videogame, and it will never be perfect or how we want it, but there is a lot of fun to have. I have done over 50 seasons of different dynasties in NCAA 09. One sucessful dynasty that is still ongoing is my Baylor/Ariz dynasty that i have done for 17 seasons. I coached at Baylor for 10 seasons then left for Arizona and are in my seventh season. Here are some stats:
Career record- 187-57
National titles: 3(back to back to back)
Conference Titles: 4(Big 12)
In order to have a fun dynasty IMO, here are some tips:
1. Start small but not to small- Starting off with teams like temple only give you but so much satisfaction once you turn them into a powerhouse because in some cases it is not believable. Your imagination will wear off and the dynasty will get stale after a while. Starting off with lowly teams in BCS conferences will give your more believable storyline and will help sustain your career at that school longer. Teams I recommend- Baylor, Duke, Wash St, Wash, Vandy. Teams I would stay away from- any team in the Big East. Not only do they get horrible bowl bids but once you beat WVU your are going to be the top team in that conference with a bid to go to a BCS Bowl rather easily. Teams like baylor and vandy have to compete in the Big 12 south and SEC east so it will take sometime before you will win the conference.
2. Recruit for needs-Always recruit what you need, even if it is a 2 star center or a 2 star SS, depth will go a long way. You should never have to cut one someone you consider a good player if you recruit for needs. IF your stacked at Wr's dont recruit 2 more 5* stars so at the end of the season you find yourself cutting some of your best players because of the Roster limit we are stuck with.
3. Pick your Team style and recruit-Recruit according to your style you select in the recruiting strategy area. If you are a smashmouth team than only recruit powerbacks, block fb's and balanced/possession wr's. Dont recruit speed backs and speed wr's if that is not your style. That goes the same for the framework of your defense to. If you stay disciplined and recruit that 3* runblocking center over that 5* passblocking center because you know that the 3* fits your system then you will have a more rewarding experience as the dynasty goes on.
4. Let players go- If your player wants to transfer or he had a very good season and you know that he would be a draft pick, let him go. Just because you know that if you had your 92 ovr rb back, you would go undefeated and compete for the national championship doesnt mean that you need him back. Part of College football is seeing players leave and new ones emerge. If you let transfers go sometimes and let your players enter the draft even after you know that you dont have depth in that position or didnt recruit that position well it only adds to a new storyline the next year you take the field.
5. Longevity- Try and really build up your team. I say stay with them for at least 7-10 years. That will give you enough time to recruit and build them into a national powerhouse. Once you go to another team know that you are going in for the long haul also.
6. 5 years the CPU sucks is not that bad- After 5 years the CPU doesnt suck, there overall's just go down. Recruiting is so balanced within the first 5 years that you will see a lot of even teams across the board. Teams like USC will be in the high 80's to low 90's and teams like arkansas st will be in the low 50's along with the teams that i recommended (baylor, duke, both washington's, stanford etc.)that if you didnt take them they will be extremely bad. NOt to go off topic but when I was finished with Baylor, Arizona overall was 52. The game gets so much harder because nobody wants to go to your school and your pitches are horrible and it will take at least 3 years to post together even a competitive team. When you think about it, it really makes the Dynasty fresh because you know that you will have to recruit a lot in order to win. Also remeber there arent a lot of recruits in Arizona and you will get out recruited in California, so in those cases it really makes it a challenge. Back on topic, so really unless you just loaded up on 5* recruits you will be right with the rest of the teams in the country after 5 years.
7. Promote to BCS-once a team starts winning let them go into the BCS conferences. IF SDSU becomes a powerhouse let them go into the PaC 10. Although do it if there overall warrants it. In this Dynasty one of the biggest mistake I did was let Miami of Ohio go into the Big Ten but there overall was in the 60's. They always were at the bottom of the conference and never really did anything. At the same time as I got my new coaching job at Arizona I let SDSU in and their overall was in the high 70's to low 80's (California recruiting base) and they dominated in the Pac 10. I have only beaten them 2 out of the 7 years I have been at Arizona.
8. Dont play everygame and know your overall- It is ok to sim some games as if you play all of them once you turn into a powerhouse you will win most of them. If your team is 79 yet there are 89's out there and even in your conference but you are blowing these teams out and winning championships, sim those games, as I will guarantee that you wont win them.
I have so many tips to give but I just wanted to give out 8 to start with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Banned

Berliner's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Tips to a successfull offline dynasty

Nice post, I have a question. How does changing conferences work? Which teams from what conferences can move into BCS conferences?
Old 11-11-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

How did you let SDSU into the Pac10 if you were Arizona??? And Miami-Ohio into the Big10??? I thought only user controlled teams could change conferences? Maybe I misread.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #4
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

Before the season (before the National championship is played) ends after one team ( in this case SDSU, and Miami oh) has a good run for about 3-4 seasons and is consistently ranked, jus create a coach and become there coach then after the national championship is completed and it says do you want to advance to the off season hit yes and the team should have a invite into the BCS conference. During the offseason dont do anything for that team, but continue to do all of your off-season tasks for your team. When the season starts go to coach positions and delete that coach you created. It will default back to the original coach (SDSU Coach). You can do this for one team each year that you think that team is deserving of it. Make sure though that you replace that team with a lowly team, not a team that had 2 bad seasons and is primed to get back on track
Old 11-11-2008, 11:24 AM   #5
Banned

Berliner's Arena

I have a question. How does changing conferences work? Which teams from what conferences can move into BCS conferences?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2008, 11:46 AM   #6
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

I do know is how some teams are wired based on experience.

BYU-will go into the BIg 12 and replace Baylor most of the times
Arkansas St-Wac first then Big 12
North Texas- WAC first then Big 12
Tulane-SEC east for some odd reason
Army-BIg East or ACC
Temple-ACC
Any Team from the Big East-ACC
SDSU-Pac 10
Utah-Pac 10 or Big 12
MAC schools except temple-Big Ten
LA Tech-Big 12

These are the teams I tried.

If you go to the BCS Bowl and are at least 4 stars. 85-90% of the time you will get a invite. All you have to do is after the season ends and it says go into the off-season say yes and you should have a invite. If you back out to save or look at stats you wont recieve one that year. For some reason this game is programed that way. (This was comfirmed by numerous trials.)

Last edited by scdb12; 11-11-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

Basically any team will go to the conference that is regionally aligned with them. UCF got an invite to SEC after year 1, UTEP got invite to Pac-10, etc. Now, I know that the UTEP doesnt match with the Pac 10, but they dont match with conference USA either.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:16 PM   #8
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone2117
Basically any team will go to the conference that is regionally aligned with them. UCF got an invite to SEC after year 1, UTEP got invite to Pac-10, etc. Now, I know that the UTEP doesnt match with the Pac 10, but they dont match with conference USA either.
Actually Utep does go with the CUSA west. SMU, UTEP, and RICE are all in Texas. Utep should not go into the Pac 10 as it only stretches to Arizona. It should go into the Big 12 with other Texas schools.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »