Home

Quick Call or "Regular" Call ??

This is a discussion on Quick Call or "Regular" Call ?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2008, 10:37 AM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Quick Call or "Regular" Call ??

Finding out the pitches, quiting and restarting is flat out cheating. You can't blame the manual calling for that. That's just as bad as resetting the game after a loss.

Like others have said, the quick call is a good feature the first 1-2 weeks to help unlock a lot of pitches fairly quickly. However, if you really want to get the recruits after that, the manual calling is the best way to get kids to come to your school. Choosing what to sway and sell a recruit is best done by yourself.

That said, the cpu will still recruit half decent for you. I didn't like the more time consuming recruiting method last year so I let the cpu do the recruiting for me although I ranked my own board. I would assume it's almost similar to the quick call and the cpu did a decent job recruiting. My classes were fairly accurate to better than normal but nothing overly special.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #10
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
To the OP I prefer to manual call all my recruits. I did the quick call in year one of my OD and the results weren't all that great. I've since done manual calling and I've had much better classes. It is all about preference though. Having tried both, I'm going to stick with manual calling.
Manual calling all of your prospects is not a good idea at all unless you're only keeping an active board of 10-15 players.

Any board of 15+ players will mean you waste anywhere from 2-3 hours in rounded down minutes and failed pitches (20-40 min per pitch) every single week. That is unproductive time and will kill a recruiting class over the course of a season.

Bottom line: Manually call prospects who are out of your league, have less interest, are program changers, or have you in a recruiting battle with another school. Quick call every prospect who is under your typical caliber or already very interested in your program.

There is no point in wasting the extra minutes on roster filler.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:12 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Manual calling all of your prospects is not a good idea at all unless you're only keeping an active board of 10-15 players.

Any board of 15+ players will mean you waste anywhere from 2-3 hours in rounded down minutes and failed pitches (20-40 min per pitch) every single week. That is unproductive time and will kill a recruiting class over the course of a season.

Bottom line: Manually call prospects who are out of your league, have less interest, are program changers, or have you in a recruiting battle with another school. Quick call every prospect who is under your typical caliber or already very interested in your program.

There is no point in wasting the extra minutes on roster filler.
as stated by OMT there is no such thing as lost minutes... however manually calling does take a lot longer then quick calling per pitch/uncover/etc....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 05:57 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I quick call every player every week giving the same amount of minutes to each player. When a guy is ready to visit I will manually call him. I'm still debating on when to offer a scholarship to a player. It's either when I'm #1 on his list or when we're in his top 3.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:53 PM   #13
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I quick call every player every week giving the same amount of minutes to each player. When a guy is ready to visit I will manually call him. I'm still debating on when to offer a scholarship to a player. It's either when I'm #1 on his list or when we're in his top 3.
I try to wait till I'm number 1. Sometime I have to come from way back late in the process so I'll offer it up sooner. ex. I found a guy at a need position late in the season week 8 I think. I was 8th. I talked to him for two weeks managed to get up to 5th. I offered him then because there were 2 teams (1 user) above me that had about 95% full bars. That offer jumped me up to second. I wasn't able to land him but the offer helped me be in a position that I might not have been in with out it. I usually will wait till I'm number 1 though.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 11-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #14
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

I offer the guys I really want right away. If they are a program changer or someone that I really need/want, I offer with the full 75 minutes in Week 1. So, that amount can vary year by year. This year I have 6 guys like that, so it chewed up 4 1/2 hours just with those 6. It's a sound investment in my eyes. If I am competing with a human for a player, then that guy gets 60 minutes every week until he is ready to visit. If I am only competing against the computer, the most I will give a guy is 40 minutes, unless I am way behind. During visit week, I manually call him and try to unlock any pitches that I haven't gotten yet. Then before I hang up, I pitch him on 2 Very Highs and on his Most.

Just like Keyser, there are guys that I will go after because they fit my prototype, not just because they are interested. For instance, I won't recruit FSs that are under 6'1. I won't recruit CBs that are slower than A-. And I won't recruit any LBs with lower than B- speed.

This method has gotten me the #2 and #1 classes since I started using it, including last year when I signed 9 five-stars, 9 four-stars, and 5 three-stars.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:31 AM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I offer scholarships and visits as soon as I can. I agree with trayeight on the first week use of minutes. If it's a guy I want, I quick call the maximum 75 minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm in 2012 of my Tennessee Vols dynasty and for the first time I'm changing up my recruiting strategy after a year of only 1 5* recruit. Instead of offering all of my scholarships in the first week, I'm waiting until I'm 1st interest rated (is that what INT stands for?) before I offer. So far in week 5 of '12 I already have 3 commits and 3-4 soft commits on my board (much better than I had done either of the past two years, despite winning the bcs championship in both). GO VOLS!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »