Home

Quick Call or "Regular" Call ??

This is a discussion on Quick Call or "Regular" Call ?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Quick Call or "Regular" Call ??

What are the advantages of Quick Call vs. Regular Call?

- Quick call has a finite amount of time

- Regular call allows me to pick what I ask about

- etc ...

Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2008, 08:21 PM   #2
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Quick Call or "Regular" Call ??

Quick Calls won't let you schedule visits and you can't tell what their mood is. I only use quick calls the first two weeks unless they are under 3 star recruits. I seem to find the Quick Call feature unlocks some of the easy pitches right away.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 11-12-2008, 09:05 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

I have gone back and forth on this issue a TON. If you are going to recruit straight and not cheat then IMO its best to quick call every single week except when you are going to schedule a visit or when you really want to poor it on for a special recruit that you are either behind on OR post bringing him in and he hasn't soft verbal then you better poor it on before he visits elsewhere. Other then those 2 reasons I never recruit manually UNLESS I am down to only recruiting 10 or less guys. (post season or if I have a VERY young team)

If you want to cheat and see what recruits want without saving, then use manual recruiting and you will get a HUGE lead in week 1 and easily sign up to any 8 guys that you want no problem regardless of their interest in your school to start with.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
I have gone back and forth on this issue a TON. If you are going to recruit straight and not cheat then IMO its best to quick call every single week except when you are going to schedule a visit or when you really want to poor it on for a special recruit that you are either behind on OR post bringing him in and he hasn't soft verbal then you better poor it on before he visits elsewhere. Other then those 2 reasons I never recruit manually UNLESS I am down to only recruiting 10 or less guys. (post season or if I have a VERY young team)

If you want to cheat and see what recruits want without saving, then use manual recruiting and you will get a HUGE lead in week 1 and easily sign up to any 8 guys that you want no problem regardless of their interest in your school to start with.
Keyser that is a very one sided assessment of manual calling. I manual call in my OD and I do it straight up. I've never cheated or felt the need to cheat. I know what you are saying and there are people that do that, but not everyone that manual calls cheats.

To the OP I prefer to manual call all my recruits. I did the quick call in year one of my OD and the results weren't all that great. I've since done manual calling and I've had much better classes. It is all about preference though. Having tried both, I'm going to stick with manual calling.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 11-12-2008, 09:24 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 8

Right ...

I considered that this "cheat" was available ...

I could "regular" call a guy ... unlock as many pitches as possible (taking up as many minutes as it takes) ... write down everything that I learned ... quit without saving ... then return and "regular" call again - this time with a very focused plan about what to talk about and what to sway and what to hard sell.

I think it would be best if I did not do that. :-)

I just did my first week (600 minutes) of recruiting with Temple ... I did all quick calls. I called 15 of the guys on my board. #1-#10 got about 50 minutes each / #11-#15 got about 20 minutes each.

Any suggestions about when is the correct time to offer scholarships? I offered five scholarships in Week 1. I offered two scholarships to C (need = 1) and three scholarships to MLB (need = 2).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 09:47 AM   #6
MVP

well i know that different people have different opinions on this (that is a GOOD thing and EA did a good job of balancing this item IMO)

however, if you are going to try to bring in a LOT of guys on your target list the only way to do that is quick call IMO. if you only need to bring in a few certain guys and then will settle with whoever wants YOU, then manually call the few certain guys and then quick call the rest. It comes down to how you recruit whether you will take any high rated prospect that has you high on his list or do you only recruit YOUR style of player.

for example: I am very particular about my OLBs, MLBs and SSs so I do NOT recruit whoever has me high on their list. I am looking for certain particulars out of these type of positions so I will recruit guys who don't even have me in their top 10 if their ratings fit my style. see, pending on who you go after GREATLY changes strategy of recruiting IMO. Also, the speed at which you can get them in for a BIG game (preferably a rival game) is HUGE also. remember, the earlier you can sign someone the massive amount of minutes you just freed up for everyone else!
Old 11-12-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
What are the advantages of Quick Call vs. Regular Call?

- Quick call has a finite amount of time

- Regular call allows me to pick what I ask about

- etc ...

Thank you!
I Quick Call every prospect of mine until Week 7 - 9 (Usually after they have visited my school). After that I manually call every prospect. The only time I manually call a prospect before Week 7 is to schedule a visit or if I really want the prospect I will manually call him from Week 1. Thats how I recruit and I must say I have had alot of success with this process, that being with good (ND/PITT) and bad (Army/Temple) teams.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 11-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
I Quick Call every prospect of mine until Week 7 - 9 (Usually after they have visited my school). After that I manually call every prospect. The only time I manually call a prospect before Week 7 is to schedule a visit or if I really want the prospect I will manually call him from Week 1. Thats how I recruit and I must say I have had alot of success with this process, that being with good (ND/PITT) and bad (Army/Temple) teams.
that sounds about right to me above. if after you bring them in they don't soft verbal you have to poop or get of the pot because other schools WILL pull them if you can't. after you bring them in you have to go all out or move on IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »