Home

NCAA Football needs some new announcers

This is a discussion on NCAA Football needs some new announcers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2008, 11:47 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: NCAA Football needs some new announcers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
If you were to remove Nessler, Corso, and Herbstreit, who would you put in? Any other collegiate announcing team would be a downgrade IMO.
I agree with you entriely. The last thing EA needs to do is remove more things... we are still missing half of the last gen stuff. Keep all of the announcers BUT add a new pre game, half time, and post game show and use DOug Flutie and the ESPN gang... that would really enhance the presentation!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:00 PM   #18
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
I think comedy lines don't work well in sports games, since they become more repetetive faster, so I'd be okay with Lee being gone, but I think Kirk and Brad are great. Personally, I think this is the best announcing in a sports game (though I haven't tried live or 2k this year, so take it for what its worth).
I gotta say, Brad Nessler is the best you can get for recording video game commentary. You never know what you're going to get with a lot of these guys... many people have trouble reading from a script and making it sound like they are saying it instead of reading it.

But Brad is a real pro.

I don't think you'll see us switching up the commentary team any time soon. We have 7 years worth of recording sessions in there, and going to a new team would be a HUGE step backward.

As far as the suggestion I have heard to have an alternate commentary team, I did look into that option but there is a serious disk space limitation. I've seen people speculate on the boards that disk space is a limiting factor in our features, but that really isn't the case. Most of our disk space is art and sound. Commentary takes up about 25% of the disk!
Old 11-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #19
stewaat

OVR:

Yea let's not worry about commentary. Worst case scenario...turn it off!

I hope EA focuses on more crucial parts of the game (gameplay )

Old 11-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #20
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Yea let's not worry about commentary. Worst case scenario...turn it off!

I hope EA focuses on more crucial parts of the game (gameplay )
Well, gameplay is handled by a different team than commentary... the only thing the two have in common is getting commentary for new game play features.

I can't say nothing yet, but I like what I have seen so far in the gameplay improvements for 2010.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:11 PM   #21
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

You could leave out that mascot game stuff. IMO that stuff was very useless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 31

Announcers seem fine...whatever happened to the pregame show? That is what I wish they owuld wok on is the presentation aspect.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:55 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Well, gameplay is handled by a different team than commentary... the only thing the two have in common is getting commentary for new game play features.

I can't say nothing yet, but I like what I have seen so far in the gameplay improvements for 2010.
You tease...
Old 11-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #24
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

That's what I like to hear! I know you can't say anything, but that little nugget just made me a little happier.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »