Home

my defense can't be this bad...HELP

This is a discussion on my defense can't be this bad...HELP within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
my defense can't be this bad...HELP

I use FSU in my online games...and i can't for the life of me stop teams on defense! I have a 99 ranked D and for some reason have trouble stopping the run and the pass. I use 4-3 D usually but i always seem to not get enough pressure and they find an open guy. I'm on ps3, so can anyone help me with my defense? what's some harder D's to compete against? I had a guy last night who ran a bunch of Dime+ Nickel formations and he shut down my running game and passing...it was frustrating cause he was OSU and they got that sick LB Laranitus or however you spell it. If anyone can help that would be great!

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #2
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: my defense can't be this bad...HELP

4-3 is a horrible defense on the video game.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
Banned

Berliner's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
4-3 is a horrible defense on the video game.
Explain this.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #4
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrickNole
I use FSU in my online games...and i can't for the life of me stop teams on defense! I have a 99 ranked D and for some reason have trouble stopping the run and the pass. I use 4-3 D usually but i always seem to not get enough pressure and they find an open guy. I'm on ps3, so can anyone help me with my defense? what's some harder D's to compete against? I had a guy last night who ran a bunch of Dime+ Nickel formations and he shut down my running game and passing...it was frustrating cause he was OSU and they got that sick LB Laranitus or however you spell it. If anyone can help that would be great!
I use a 3-4 and like it but you might like the 3-3-5 or 4-2-5.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 11-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 15

3-3-5 is IMO the best defense in the game because of the increased speed on the field (speed kills in this game, more defensive backs instead of slow d-linemen and linebackers) the formation also allows you to get pressure on the quarterback more frequently by mixing up blitz packages. Different blitzers coming from the outside of the line (such as blitzing corner) will make it harder for the o-line to block.

As an example of why the 4-3 is bad. Playing in my 2009 season with Wake Forest, my defense is young and bad (73 ovr), but I should not give up 34 points and 400+ yards to Marshall!!! in the season opener. I tried to switch to 4-3 that game, but you can bet ill be switching to 3-3-5 when the Huskers come to town.

MLB: Detroit Tigers
NCAAFB: Michigan Wolverines
NFL: New York Giants/Detroit Lions
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA: Detroit Pistons
NCAABB: Oakland University Golden Grizzlies

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't agree with that statement, that the 4-3 is bad. I use it online exclusively, and if you know what you want out of it, it's a very good defense. In my OD, I use the 3-4 but only because I can't get quality defensive tackles.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:06 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 15

the 4-3 can be an effective defense if you have the players necessary to run it, and be able to effectively stop the run with slower players. Also you need speedier linebackers to cover slot receivers and such when your safeties are in zone.

MLB: Detroit Tigers
NCAAFB: Michigan Wolverines
NFL: New York Giants/Detroit Lions
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA: Detroit Pistons
NCAABB: Oakland University Golden Grizzlies

Old 11-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #8
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Speed is the key to this game and mixing up your play calling. I have had success with the 4-3 and 4-2-5. I like the 4-2-5 better due to blitzing packages. Like any D you have to match up with what the CPU runs. If the are 3 wide then you don't want to be in a base because they will rip you a new one. I tried this with UGA because they run base a lot and got lit up by C.Mich. Mix up zone and man and blitz different guys and not just the same over and over. I have also found that if you have a fast end you can get great pressure with him. To do this is easy. At the snap start up field and right before the you get to the tackle cut back to the middle of the field. A fast end will beat him and have a free run or the guard will shift to help and release the d-tackle. You might not get the sack but you will get pressure and the CPU will rush a throw or make a bad read and there you go. I have tried this with my UGA offline dyn. running 4-3 and TCU offline running a 4-2-5 and have great success. I had a end finish the season with 11 sacks and was top's in the nation. I would sometimes shift my line also to gain an advantage in the run. I hope this helps you out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »