Home

CPU QB Comp% > 75% (Every time?!?)

This is a discussion on CPU QB Comp% > 75% (Every time?!?) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2008, 11:11 AM   #9
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: CPU QB Comp% > 75% (Every time?!?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
45 - QB ACC (CPU)
15 - WR CTH (CPU)
00 - PA BLK (CPU)

75 - DEF AWR (HUM)
70 - BRK BLK (HUM)
These are pretty easy defensive sliders IMO and you should not be giving up even 65% completion percentage.

Either you're playing with a bad secondary or you're not playing good defense. You should be able to improve this through recruiting or practice.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:28 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 37

When you change the cpu sliders the pass completion numbers go down but the bad thing is that "pick six" goes through the roof if you have a good secondary. I avg. one pcik for a TD each game and avg about 2-3 picks per game... which is more than I avg. for sacks per game

Last edited by JAYMO76; 11-16-2008 at 11:29 PM. Reason: sp
Old 11-16-2008, 11:34 PM   #11
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

I've found CPU comp. pct. and INTs are extremely flexible depending on slider settings. So it's no longer an issue after the second patch.
Pick-6s by user are the biggest problem, as it seem most INTs you make you will have clear sailing to the end zone and the CPU is helpless due to poor pursuit angles. I use a house rule on INTs that helps -- don't use the acceleration buttom. It takes some getting used to because you're accustomed to pressing it. But if you don't use the acceleration, the problem is solved.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2008, 08:50 PM   #12
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

The cpu AI will not throw deep unless you intentionally leave someone wide open..

Lowering the QB accuracy, the WR catch , gives a more realistic stat sheet but makes the cpu less effective on offense...

keep the game balanced..lower the cpu and your sliders as well..the cpu will do what is has success doing, if it breaks a long run, it'll run more during the next series or two..what works is what the cpu does..notice this..

cranking it up to heisman isnt the answer, that just makes ALL players perform unrealistically..

the truth is no one wants a realistic game where their qb throws for 55% completions passing for 190-200yds and the team rushes for 100-150yds

seems like everyone wants cheese play where the pass for 400yds and user pick 3-5 passes a game, user catch 10 balls a game.. We complain about the cpu going on hot streaks yet we do the same thing game in, game out. Only 5 qb's out of the ncaa's top 100 qb's currently have a comp% over 70. so how realistic is it for users to avg 70 % and better regularly? are WE all colt mCcoy, chase daniel, graham harrell???? IS THIS GAME FUN? hell yes, but This game has too many issues... NO LINE PLAY+NO DEFENSE= NO REALISM

LONG LIVE NCAA 06 !!!!!!!!!!

Want a challenge, want realism? lower the cpu ratings and your own for the o-line, qb and wr

my 2 cents

Last edited by blackscorpion11; 11-19-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
cranking it up to heisman isnt the answer, that just makes ALL players perform unrealistically..

the truth is no one wants a realistic game where their qb throws for 55% completions passing for 190-200yds and the team rushes for 100-150yds

seems like everyone wants cheese play where the pass for 400yds and user pick 3-5 passes a game, user catch 10 balls a game.. We complain about the cpu going on hot streaks yet we do the same thing game in, game out. Only 5 qb's out of the ncaa's top 100 qb's currently have a comp% over 70. so how realistic is it for users to avg 70 % and better regularly? are WE all colt mCcoy, chase daniel, graham harrell???? IS THIS GAME FUN? hell yes, but This game has too many issues... NO LINE PLAY+NO DEFENSE= NO REALISM

NCAA '09 has it's issues but I do think Heisman plays well and the ratings still matter for players.

Furthermore, I loved NCAA '06 at the time. But that game was a LOT more wide open than NCAA '09. You could complete passes in triple coverage and the deep ball was easy to complete. 3rd and long conversions didn't bother you that much either. AA just became a very offensive game on '06.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #14
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I play on AA and have my cpu settings at 60 qb acc., 30 wr cth., 0 pass blk. On D for human I have awr at 40, 100 brk blk. I run a 4-3 or 4-2-5 D and control a end with speed. I mix my play calling up running zone and man and blitz from different places when the time is right. Just like a real D-coordinator would do. At the snap with my rush end I start up field then cut back to the middle right before I get to the tackle. I do use speed and nothing else like a pwoer move because they don't work. This creates an opening and a free run for my end to the qb or I will get picked up by a guard and my dt will have a run. This is the only way I can get pressure. I have tried line shift and blitz db's but nothing. I don't always get a sack but I do force the qb in to bad throws and over throws. I avg real #'s in sacks with my d-line and if you call your blitz right you can get sacks with lb's. I have only had 1 cpu qb throw for better then 65%. I have just started a new dynasty with TCU and Sam Bradford throw for 327yds and 68% but the game was close like most of my games. I don't worry about the yrds b/c some college qb's avg. high numbers in yardage. I have tried Heisman but could not find a slider set that worked. I threw too many picks. You may have to adjust the human sliders if you are use to Heisman level. Since I started doing this I have found a new love for this game. I wish I could play more but don't have any time.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:09 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
The cpu AI will not throw deep unless you intentionally leave someone wide open..

Lowering the QB accuracy, the WR catch , gives a more realistic stat sheet but makes the cpu less effective on offense...

keep the game balanced..lower the cpu and your sliders as well..the cpu will do what is has success doing, if it breaks a long run, it'll run more during the next series or two..what works is what the cpu does..notice this..

Want a challenge, want realism? lower the cpu ratings and your own for the o-line, qb and wr

my 2 cents
NCAA FOOTBALL 06... what a game. Man I loved it when the stadium, the controller, and the tv screen shook. Awesome!!! However, I still think the best logic and game play experience and presentation came in NCAA FOOTBALL 07
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 06:12 PM   #16
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

my 2 cents
actually they dont play better just smarter. going to heisman is just an awarness bonus and make you d cover better than a middle school d. aa is completly unrealistic on d. also i play with hum d awarness at 0 and cpu qb acc at 45. my kd's at 60 and ints at zero and i pretty much only run zone and have a top 20 d in week 9. the premise here is make the cpu qb bad and then make your d worse. i dont have cpu qb's going over 70% and the all the hum int's are gone. also i have hum run block at zero and it hasnt affected my run game at all but you arent seeing guys all over the ground like aa. also since my d awarness has gone to 0 your d line wont end up on ground and you can get off block alot easier for some reason. i average over 10 tackles a game with mlb and i dont switch on d. also you sack total will go up because it made the cpu qb more agressive, i guess because the d is less agressive so robo qb isnt there at all hardly and the qb runs with the ball better(choice plays) and more (getting those extra sacks here) try fist of rage sliders, he's the one that discovered this. his sliders are tough but really realistic as the qb sneak isnt money any more either. i made some changes to fit my online dynasty's style but ours are pretty close to this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »