Home

Am I missing something (Formation Subs)

This is a discussion on Am I missing something (Formation Subs) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2008, 05:19 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Am I missing something (Formation Subs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
dont even know how that makes sense. we already have depth charts and package subs. not sure how your saying formation subs would cause a prob. it always had its own menu to go in and do this.
In Madden or NCAA on 360 / PS3, the menu interfaces are not as user friendly, reliable, or as quick navigating through them as can be seen on current NCAA and Madden games on PS2 / Original Xbox.

So, sure it will be possible to put formation subs into NCAA on 360 and PS3. But it will be nearly impossible to create a better system of formation subs than was seen on the PS2 or Original Xbox.

I realize that the 360 and PS3 versions are "different games" than the games were on the PS2 and Original Xbox. While I am partial to last-gen systems in the way EA made football games, I am not nearly as comfortable with the menus on the 360 and PS3 versions versus the menus we see on the PS2 and Original Xbox versions.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:45 AM   #10
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

This is off topic, but XFactor but I love your signiture.
The only one that beats that:
"Number one in the country, number two in their own city!!"
I think thats the correct quote when X upset UC in 1999. I always forget who said it, do you know?
Old 11-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #11
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

I think it was Andy Mac.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2008, 10:44 PM   #12
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU_DW2
In Madden or NCAA on 360 / PS3, the menu interfaces are not as user friendly, reliable, or as quick navigating through them as can be seen on current NCAA and Madden games on PS2 / Original Xbox.

So, sure it will be possible to put formation subs into NCAA on 360 and PS3. But it will be nearly impossible to create a better system of formation subs than was seen on the PS2 or Original Xbox.

I realize that the 360 and PS3 versions are "different games" than the games were on the PS2 and Original Xbox. While I am partial to last-gen systems in the way EA made football games, I am not nearly as comfortable with the menus on the 360 and PS3 versions versus the menus we see on the PS2 and Original Xbox versions.
Your logic makes no sense.

The menus are just front-ends to databases and variables. The only thing necessary to make better formation subs (not that we need better ones than we had before) is a good backend schema and programming logic/code to support the functionality in the game.

If there is any lag in the menus, then it's likely due to poor data collection methods (i.e. reading every player's stats from the database). Formation subs would not in any way break this game and if I saw an EA employee say such a thing I would never buy an EA product again.

We all know that the only reason we don't have formation subs is time and that REALLY just means that EA won't spend the money to get the appropriate resources for this game. It's downright embarrassing that formation subs are not in the game by now and they need to make it into NCAA 2010.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:02 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Your logic makes no sense.

The menus are just front-ends to databases and variables. The only thing necessary to make better formation subs (not that we need better ones than we had before) is a good backend schema and programming logic/code to support the functionality in the game.

If there is any lag in the menus, then it's likely due to poor data collection methods (i.e. reading every player's stats from the database). Formation subs would not in any way break this game and if I saw an EA employee say such a thing I would never buy an EA product again.

We all know that the only reason we don't have formation subs is time and that REALLY just means that EA won't spend the money to get the appropriate resources for this game. It's downright embarrassing that formation subs are not in the game by now and they need to make it into NCAA 2010.
Well said... FORMATION SUBS FOR 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just move the Madden playcall screen to NCAA FOOTBALL!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »