Home

Coverage help

This is a discussion on Coverage help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Coverage help

SUP SUP Guys

Ok well here is the deal. I play NCAA09 over Xbox live against my dad couple times a week. He is a huge football fan and enjoys the game. He does not read these boards or even know 1/8th of the issues the game has. He plays it and thats about as far as it goes.

Well he likes to use the Sooners, #7 HB is his main man. He gets him touchs on as many plays as possible. Stopping his running game I can do. Stopping his passing game I can do. BUT stopping the darn passes to the HB #7 I can't stop.

Here is why, He might run 4 to 6 plays straight, pounding it up the middle with him. Then he will come out and throw a out route to HB #7. So I end up playing a 4-4 or 4-3 to stop the run, which then puts a linebacker on his HB, who has excellent speed. So right when he goes to a pass I am beat.

Now some games I will run dime all game just so I have a corner on the HB so be able to match in speed. I can manually cover it SOMETIMES, but I like to mix up my coverages.

There is not play in the playbook to double team the HB, OR better yet sit a backer in the flat with another man playing man up on him.

Any ideas on how to prevent this BUT also not force myself to play one defensive play.

Thanks guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Coverage help

Playing zone would solve this problem. If you want to play man, then hot route a DE or safety to help in the flat.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:38 PM   #3
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Coverage help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkmike
Playing zone would solve this problem. If you want to play man, then hot route a DE or safety to help in the flat.
I agree. Mix in some Cover 2 on passing downs, and press your corners. You can even hot route the OLBs to the flats to give you additional coverage, and spy your MLB to make sure that you still have a hole defender across the middle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »