Home

what REALLY burns my britches about online play

This is a discussion on what REALLY burns my britches about online play within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Angry what REALLY burns my britches about online play

Playing different people that pick the same 4 - 6 teams over and over again. I mean seriously, Spent sunday playing and I played Bammer 3x WVU 2x and FLA twice, dodged 3 games with Ohio State, won 1 - 3 against Florida State and my connection collapsed on itself against a TTU, 2 games against LSWHO

I mean seriously I thought the reason for college football video games was so people could play as their favorite teams? Hell I would have been glad to take on a USC or any other Pac -9 school or I would have loved to take on Big 12 school the only thing that suprised me was there were no games against UGAy or Missouri.

Really whats the point of playing online if your gonna play the same teams over and over again? I might as well play a random team against the CPU. My favorite team is Auburn and I do play with them I just switch up the playbook. Just looking for a quick match against somebody that doesnt pick the top level teams all the time (where is the challenge in that, really?) and thats not gonna call me racial slurs over xbox live like the freakin kid I played the other day (which is probably the reason my DNF percentage is at 17%, I cant play against people like that)

Im a dye-heart (AUBURN REFERENCE!) College football fanatic! Playing with team that are not your favorite teams is sacrilage to me and the people that are like me. Seriously, what do I look like playing with Bammer, LSWHO, UGAy and Ole Piss? There is absolutely nothing wrong with using their playbooks but freaking being disloyal to my team for a win. come the f**k on!

You think Michigan fans play with tOSU? or Notre Dame fans play with USC? or Gaytor fans play with the Dawgs of UGAy. I dont want to play in dynasty, thats too much like work, and we all know how that is when your find something you love doing and turn around and HAVE to do it, it sux.

Die hard fans where are you! Challenge me! please! Chokelahoma fans where are you! I wanna know how good my offense is against you guys and your secondary? *Sigh*

sorry guys, Thanks for listening to me rant and ramble. Respond as needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: what REALLY burns my britches about online play

Quote:
Originally Posted by CObra-la
Playing different people that pick the same 4 - 6 teams over and over again. I mean seriously, Spent sunday playing and I played Bammer 3x WVU 2x and FLA twice, dodged 3 games with Ohio State, won 1 - 3 against Florida State and my connection collapsed on itself against a TTU, 2 games against LSWHO

I mean seriously I thought the reason for college football video games was so people could play as their favorite teams? Hell I would have been glad to take on a USC or any other Pac -9 school or I would have loved to take on Big 12 school the only thing that suprised me was there were no games against UGAy or Missouri.

Really whats the point of playing online if your gonna play the same teams over and over again? I might as well play a random team against the CPU. My favorite team is Auburn and I do play with them I just switch up the playbook. Just looking for a quick match against somebody that doesnt pick the top level teams all the time (where is the challenge in that, really?) and thats not gonna call me racial slurs over xbox live like the freakin kid I played the other day (which is probably the reason my DNF percentage is at 17%, I cant play against people like that)

Im a dye-heart (AUBURN REFERENCE!) College football fanatic! Playing with team that are not your favorite teams is sacrilage to me and the people that are like me. Seriously, what do I look like playing with Bammer, LSWHO, UGAy and Ole Piss? There is absolutely nothing wrong with using their playbooks but freaking being disloyal to my team for a win. come the f**k on!

You think Michigan fans play with tOSU? or Notre Dame fans play with USC? or Gaytor fans play with the Dawgs of UGAy. I dont want to play in dynasty, thats too much like work, and we all know how that is when your find something you love doing and turn around and HAVE to do it, it sux.

Die hard fans where are you! Challenge me! please! Chokelahoma fans where are you! I wanna know how good my offense is against you guys and your secondary? *Sigh*

sorry guys, Thanks for listening to me rant and ramble. Respond as needed.
You sure do have a lot of nice names for all those teams.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #3
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

That used to bother me, a little bit, in NCAA 08 when I was playing lots of games and didn't have anything bigger to worry about.

Now on NCAA 09 the EA Servers drop me 95% of the time, now that burns my britches, let me tell you, the teams my opponents pick are the least of my worries. I wouldn't care if they pick Georgia every time so long as I can actually finish a damn game.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:30 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

don't expect them to pick anyone different...I'm never going to play as WV again....and i keep telling myself i'm going to stop playing the gators...I just can't help it...I use FSU...all day....that's all i use... When i go to a team like WV i get killed...go figure...slow @$$ D...

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Old 11-18-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
That used to bother me, a little bit, in NCAA 08 when I was playing lots of games and didn't have anything bigger to worry about.

Now on NCAA 09 the EA Servers drop me 95% of the time, now that burns my britches, let me tell you, the teams my opponents pick are the least of my worries. I wouldn't care if they pick Georgia every time so long as I can actually finish a damn game.
I had the same issue. You just need to adjust your settings on your PS3 and your router if you use on. Search it on the sony boards or even here. Worked for me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 04:31 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectahDeck
You sure do have a lot of nice names for all those teams.
I also have a lot of hate for those teams too.

"Get thee behind me, Saban"

Tubberville 3:16
Old 11-18-2008, 07:59 PM   #7
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
I had the same issue. You just need to adjust your settings on your PS3 and your router if you use on. Search it on the sony boards or even here. Worked for me!
I'm not using PS3 or a router. XBox 360 and direct connection to cable modem here.
I like your username though.
Old 11-18-2008, 08:00 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

CObra-la, Totally agree, and Choke'lahoma Classic. Here is a Husker fan who agrees. I am usually Neb I usually take on everyone but, some cheese is hard to overcome with a bad D. No one is Choke'lahoma or mizzou, or usc fo theat matter. All i get are the ones you've listed. Speed is to important in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »