Home

Speed of the Game (long)

This is a discussion on Speed of the Game (long) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Speed of the Game (long)

So are you still playing this Rhombic? I know you hated this game at release.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:46 AM   #18
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
I can agree with this. However, because the AI is so stupid, particularly in terms of playcalling and making adjustments to what the user is doing, offline mode isn't much better. You can't get a strategically challenging game similar to what you'd get in a PvP experience. All that you can do is pump the AI up so that it can cheat in order to make the game more difficult.

The game not only needs better tuning on the default sliders for PvP online play, but it also needs to have some serious improvements in terms of adaptive AI, so that the computer is more fun to play against.
Exactly. That is a legitimate argument that I'm 100% behind because it's a real problem with the game.

I just can't stand seeing "my LB can't catch their HB" or "my HB can just run circles around the defense" when people are playing offline on Mickey Mouse sliders.

AI across the board is my #1 complaint with this game because there is no slider, no setting, no way to improve CPU AI in playcalling, play execution, coaching, recruiting, and roster management.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #19
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
This is only a problem in online PvP play because EA's default sliders are absolutely horrendous.

If anyone here is still complaining about this against the CPU, then it is your fault for being uninformed. The control is in your hands to remove the default speed gap.

If you had HUM RBA at 0 and CPU TKL at 100, you would be complaining about the complete opposite problem.

There are so many things legitimately wrong with this game that I get annoyed to see complaints and suggestions about changes that are already in the user's control.

The bottom line to me is that NCAA 09 is simply not a good game if you're an online PvP gamer or someone who does not use the tools at your disposal (sliders/settings). If you are one of the above, I don't really even know why you still have/play the game... it's flat out horrible on default settings.

Hopefully EA actually tries next year to balance their own game on default settings because it cripples a large portion of their userbase.

The catch up animation happens in ALL modes, PvP & Offline. Defenders do it sometimes but it doesnt happen nearly as much. I'm not a slider guru so I wouldn't know about that but if that's the case then its pure BS. Tackling slider should affect tackling only but that is another can of worms.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:13 PM   #20
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
So are you still playing this Rhombic? I know you hated this game at release.
Nah, not playing it anymore, save for an occasional online game or two every blue moon.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:58 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU_DW2
Because the interface is within the breadth of the infinite loop. It is in active memory during gameplay because when you press start, it has to pop up automatically with one button press.
Nope, you're wrong about this. The art for it has to be loaded in memory, but when the menu is not active, it will have a negligible effect on gameplay speed. If the framerate is slower on 360 than original XBox, it is because the code to draw the on-field graphics, ai, commentary, etc. is slower.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 06:03 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

rhombic21 I always saw ur posts on utopia. Was some good stuff, I knew u wouldn't be playing but, that ain't a bad thing at all.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:34 AM   #23
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Great Discussion. I just wonder if EA can allow some of the people who have real concerns with the gameplay and Adaptive AI issues to work with them more closely in helping to develop a more polished product. We can have all the bells and whistles we want (Online Dynasty, Wide Open gameplay) but it wont make a difference when the game becomes unrealistic. Everyone has made valid points and Ive even laughed because I see many of the same things when I play on and offline!

Defensive Players definately feel slower than offensive players for some reason. Ive had LBs with 90+ speed be left behind by RBs with 88 speed. If the overall speed of LBs, DL, and OL was actually a little higher, I think the game would feel more realistic in that sense and that sense only. If you watch a game, and notice when the QB drops back, the DEs are moving so fast they naturally form a pocket. In this game, the DE are to busy being thrown around to notice speed there. Ive come to the conclusion that there is no more reason to recruit fast DEs because their speed is useless in rushing the QB in the pocket. Only when he breaks the pocket and you are pursuing him will it somewhat show, and even then they run much slower at 86 then a RB does at 86, just for example!

Online only gamers take more of a hit because they have no slider possibilities so EA needs to make a lot of changes in their default settings. The cpu AI logic is ridiculous. Im still trying to figure out why ncaa and madden havent utilized the AI Learning like the NHL series has. You could conceivably run the same play all the way down the field and the cpu would never know it because it doesnt have the ability. BUT...Somehow it knows when your running/passing and you hit audibles because they adjust to fit your play, LOL! Unreal! Anyways, its late and I could go on and on all night long. But I will admit that Online Dynasty has saved this game for me. I wouldnt be playing it if it werent for being able to compete against other sim gamers in season to season format!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »