Home

NCAA 2010 Top Gameplay Features (long)

This is a discussion on NCAA 2010 Top Gameplay Features (long) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5
NCAA 2010 Top Gameplay Features (long)

ok. so i recently started a thread that called for a much faster, realistic game speed, as well as a decrease in the differentiation of speeds from various positions. i clearly stated my reasons as to how that would fix many gaming exploits and allow for a much better game, but i would like to see what other gameplay features you guys want that will hopefully get put in the game.

Im not looking for features that revolve around equipment management, formation subs, etc. im looking for things that would directly affect the gameplay. im hoping that a compilation of lists will affect what the developers for ncaa 10 actually decide to add for the upcoming year. so here's my list: (bolded features are most important)

Gameplay
1. Fix the gamespeed! For some reason, last gen madden/ncaa was much faster than what we have now. A faster paced game would not only represent the ultra fast game of pro football, but it would make the gamer have to be much quicker on the sticks to pull off chain moves/jukes/cuts (this has been my biggest complaint on next gen/faster gameplay =more explosiveness=more fun/realistic)

2. player ratings need to be way more prevalent and affect the gameplay. also new ratings for many positions. (this would be able to help differentiate great players from good players)With a new ratings system that helps visibly determine good from great players in-game, it would make recruiting that much more dynamic. for example, right now, it seems that speed is the only important rating for most positions, and therefore, my gameplan does not need to revolve around the strengths of my offense. For example, if i run a spread offense, maybe i want to recruit offensive lineman who are not quite as strong, but can run and block for the ballcarrier. Or, maybe i have a pro style offense, and i want big, physical lineman who are able to outmuscle the dline and open up holes for a power back. another example is maybe i want a team with big physical wr who are able to fight for the ball while in the air, or maybe i want guys who are small but fast and who are best utilized in the spread. Essentially, i want to be able to revolve my gameplan on getting the great players around me. if it was very apparent on the field how good players are at each position, it would make it much more necessary to recruit players with diff. skillsets besides speed. another example: maybe i want massive dlineman that clog the run, or fast DE and DT that can rush the QB. a new ratings system would not only hugely affect gameplay on the field, but make recruiting players for your specific gameplan that much more important! (this is a huge one-tell me what you guys think!)

3.get rid of vacuum catches, suction blocking, eyes in back of head (would make much fairer game)
3. OL/DL interaction (would allow for more realistic running game and passing game)

4. realistic running motion, acc.,dec. cuts, turns, etc. If a new system for running was implemented, it would add a new "freshness" to running the football. this would make gamers much more conscious of how they run, and when to use certain moves. (this new running system, along with a faster game speed, would force gamers to set up moves in order to be successful. this would help separate the average gamer from the elitist gamers.)

6. CB/WR interaction (there needs to be a good amount of physical contact on every play, especially when the ball is in the air. add ratings to make tall receivers go up and get the ball against a physical cb. also make wr/cb adjust to where ball is thrown)
7.way more gameplay sliders, and make them more effective, especially game speed slider
8. enhanced qb ai. ai overall (dev. team knows how to accomplish this)
10. special teams options and ai (squibs, one man returner, rugby punts, which would give user more control. Also, and most importantly, on punt/kick returns, make sure players coming downfield stay in their lanes, as opposed to running in the exact direction of where the ballcarrier is headed)
10. qb animation-avoidance moves, better dropbacks, rollouts, qb keeps, options, sneaks, etc. right now, it is very annoying to see a qb rollout and look so "weird" i guess. also, if you click down on right thumbstick, it throws at receiver's feet.
11. if in a tackling animation where rb is not immediately taken down, have the ability to alternate pressing right bumber/left bumper (represents moving each leg forward trying to break tackle). but, most importantly, have this rb/lb combo used for shimmy/stutterstep moves. then this would allow for the developers to add left stick moves that gives user more weapons at thier disposal.
12. essentially, make sure that "chain moves" as well as many diff. moves are required to be successful at running with ball and yac. this would be huge in separating the great gamer from average, and would be the first step in making sure that the person with the best stick skills will usually win the game
13. acc. clock should be the default option, b/c as it stands now, it takes longer to no huddle than to select a play. this makes for the longest 1-2 minuted drills ever. if there are 55 sec. left in the game, it should be nearly impossible to win the game. acc. clock would make this much more realistic, and would also allow dev team to put in more cutscenes.

What do you guys think? and do you feel that features said on this board can be added for NCAA 2010?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
Rookie

BGPurple's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA 2010 Top Gameplay Features (long)

LOVE IT!
PS3 Live Name - Spenus
Old 11-28-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10

I second this.

Man I hope someone from EA sees this.

BRING BACK SPEED IN THE GAME!

Has anybody timed their 40's???

I know they are pads, but I figure most WR's run a 5.0+ in the 40.
Old 11-28-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
Rookie

BGPurple's Arena

OVR: 17

Yea. I once saw a 5.8 WR. WTF he doing at WR, he should be TE maybe.
PS3 Live Name - Spenus
Old 11-28-2008, 11:05 PM   #5
Rookie

wde1723's Arena

OVR: 4

I completely agree with everything, especially NUMBER 2. Ratings need to be fixed, and they should maybe put players into categories, wait they did that it just sucks. I see 5'8 recievers with a B+ in CIT and then I will see a 6'5 232 lb reciever with a C CIT. I would love to be able to choose what players to go after speedy or big. They tried to give us that this year the only thing is the ratings dont mean crap, the speed guys can do every thing the big guys can. Saying all that I doubt it will be fixed, because we have no other choice. We can always dream.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #6
Rookie

miamicanes504's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree with all this. I think this suggestion would go under #4. They need to fix the spin move. In real life, you don't spin when the defender is coming towards you, you spin the second contact is made. You have to time it perfectly or else its a bust.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

I just wanted to bring this thread back up since ncaa developers are now looking at this site, as well as the fact that many more people are looking at the ncaa forums. after hearing of the first new, and very promising features that are going to be in both madden and ncaa 10, it seems to me that this could really be the year for both college and pro football gaming.

My question is mostly aimed at OMT, or any other ncaa dev., and I was wondering if my suggestions #1 and #4, which call for a major increase in game speed, as well as a decrease in the differentiation of player speeds, are going to be in the game.

After ncaa 09 came out, it seemed universally agreed upon that the huge differentiation of player speeds really hurt the gameplay. it was also agreed that all players, even those with high spd ratings, moved much slower than their real life counterparts.

So, OMT, can you please me know if the speed makes a return to 2010?
Old 03-08-2009, 10:47 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 27

As far as game speed goes, the "fix" should be an adjustable speed option. Madden needs one, too. I think we could go on for a long time picking out all the little things both NCAA and Madden have been missing over the last 5 years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »