Home

What I DON'T WANT in NCAA 2010

This is a discussion on What I DON'T WANT in NCAA 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #17
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: What I DON'T WANT in NCAA 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimshoom
That may be true, but I have never EVER had someone say they regularly play mascot games. Its just unnecessary and a waste of space, that's all.
No, it takes up barely any space. What takes up space is stadiums and audio.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #18
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Mascot game is a silly gimic attempted to create interest from people who don't care about real football. Even if it doesn't take up a lot of space, get rid of it and put in oh say... team specific endzones in bowl games, or formation subs, or 25 to 50 FCS teams, or CAS, or formation subs, or uniform editor, or playbook creator, or anything on last gen that the 360/ps3 still is missing!!!
Removing mascot mode gets us nothing. Removing it would actually take time that could otherwise be spent on any of the above.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #19
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

How about endzone art for bowl games?
Old 11-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #20
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loccdogg26
How about endzone art for bowl games?
Yeah, that would take up space. But not much.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:34 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 24

You should keep an open mind when thinking about removing the mascot games. Just because you don't like it and don't play it doesn't mean that some other person feels the same way. It doesn't take up extra space that other things could be put in. Wanting all FCS teams will because of all the art that will have to go with it. Having the mascots games aren't there to appeal to the hardcore gamer, it is for the others who might not buy the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 01:46 PM   #22
stewaat

OVR:

Personally I feel they put too many resources to art and not in the right places.

Instead of having 100% accurate stadiums with every little thing correct, why not have the people on the sidelines interact with the play and actually look authentic. I think it looks terrible when all the people on the sidelines look like they belong on PS1.

Also, what happened to having the coaches roam the sideline? Where'd they go?

I think natural cut scene animations (probably an oxymoron right there!) would be awesome!

If a receiver drops a ball I want to see him get pissed off or look at his hands. If a WR makes a big play I want to see him celebrate a little.

Also can we please get rid of the ridiculous end zone celebrations. In all honesty the only celebration people do now is the team celebration and that is nowhere to be found in 2009. Let's have all our offensive people go "mob" the TD scorer, please!

Old 11-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Personally I feel they put too many resources to art and not in the right places.

Instead of having 100% accurate stadiums with every little thing correct, why not have the people on the sidelines interact with the play and actually look authentic. I think it looks terrible when all the people on the sidelines look like they belong on PS1.

Also, what happened to having the coaches roam the sideline? Where'd they go?

I think natural cut scene animations (probably an oxymoron right there!) would be awesome!

If a receiver drops a ball I want to see him get pissed off or look at his hands. If a WR makes a big play I want to see him celebrate a little.

Also can we please get rid of the ridiculous end zone celebrations. In all honesty the only celebration people do now is the team celebration and that is nowhere to be found in 2009. Let's have all our offensive people go "mob" the TD scorer, please!
Yep I have been wanting a real life sidelines for awhile now. Have the actual players on the sidelines not generic ones. It would be cool to be actually playing the game and when you see the sidelines they are interacting. Example, maybe the QB just through an interception so you see him talking with the coach or coordinator, maybe the defense is gathered together and the defensive coordinator is talking to them etc..
Old 11-21-2008, 02:16 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 15

that would be sweet to see the actual coach talking to the actual players on the sidelines. Although it would take a lot of space im sure, having things going on on the sideline (trainers working on players, kickers practicing field goals, etc.) would be sweet. I also really miss seeing five people falling down every time a player goes out of bounds. hilarity right there

MLB: Detroit Tigers
NCAAFB: Michigan Wolverines
NFL: New York Giants/Detroit Lions
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA: Detroit Pistons
NCAABB: Oakland University Golden Grizzlies

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »