Home

What I DON'T WANT in NCAA 2010

This is a discussion on What I DON'T WANT in NCAA 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #41
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: What I DON'T WANT in NCAA 2010

What I don't want is a play clock that can't decide if it is 40 or 25 seconds.

Sideshow Bob
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #42
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Okay, we have all stated a thousand times what we want in NCAA FOOTBALL 2010. Things like PRESENTATION, FCS, CAS, FORMATION SUBS, UNIFORM SELECTOR, and PLAYBOOK EDITOR are things ME and other members of this community go on and on at length with.

So, let's come at this differently. WHAT DO YOU NOT WANT TO SEE IN 2010? (& hopefully the above list can then be included)
Here is my top five "no" list.

1. Mascot Game
2. Mini Games
3. Jump the snap
4. 500 pre-game stadium panorama views
5. EA broadcasting (it should be ESPN!)

There are a number of other "issues" but I would love to see these gone so we can get back to the good old "last gen" features that everyone here knows and loves.

What are your thoughts for what should be gone for 2010?

Please no espn, i can not stand Musberger. He is the worst. Bob Davie would be awesome though.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 8

1) The speed issue. Speed is important, but this game treats it as the only attribute of any import. Most top teams are very similar in speed and pursuit angles make the speed advantage less important. Sideline to sideline it is difficult to outrun a good linebacker without blocking. In this game teams are rife with guys that can afterburn all day.

2)Lack of game fatigue. If a player is running a QB around all day, he should start to get tired. Hit after hit take a toll. If I run it at a team all day a defense needs to experience fatigue. Not momentary fatigue, but I should be able to break longer runs or guys will make mental errors. Also an offensive player who runs side to side over and over will tire out... Quickly.

3) Online cheese. Putting players out of position should only be allowed for injury. WR as a tight end will result in broken QBs not an unstoppable passing attack. Etc, etc, etc.

4) Online mystery. Give us more stats on our opponent. Pass to run ratio, favorite plays, percentage of punts/fg attempts to 4th down attemps, QB scramble out percentage. That way we can "scout" them and rule out cheesers.

5) QB sneak of doom. It is near impossible to stop the QB goalline sneak for less that a 3 yard gain. This is a play designed for less than a yard, but I get hurt on it for anything short even if I'm defending it.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #44
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, that would take up space. But not much.
You have stated previously that space is not the issue with this game..... So what gives now?

I'm totally serious when I say that no endzone art will keep me from buying this game this year. Maybe 5 years ago I was such a fan that I'd buy it without, but at this point, we're all tired of this same old song and dance. At this point, at least with me, its the principle of stuff not being in the game(that was in the game 5 years ago) and feeling that we are consistently getting a half-hearted effort from EA. Nobody wants to keep waiting for "next year". Next year is not promised to anyone or anything.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:01 PM   #45
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

1. WWE tackles - GET RID OF THEM...PLEASE!

2. Greased pig tackling animations

3. Balls that shoot out of the QBs forearm. Please fix that.

4. The same old bland special teams play. Let us squib kick or short kick. Many teams kick short to avoid top tier kick returners. Bring the rugby style punt and give us the option to run a reverse on a kick.

5. QBs that never throw a ball that hits the ground.

6. QBs and offenses that never throw the ball more than 25 yards.

7. Teams that refuse to actually try win the game with less than 10 seconds. I have yet to see a team throw a "Hail Mary" pass from further than 40 yards. I have played over 100 games. I have never, ever, witnessed a CPU QB throw a hail mary pass. Ever. That's unacceptable.

8. CPU running backs that can't run in a straight line. Why do the CPU RBs have to juke six times before attempting to run upfield? Ridiculous.

9. The "fatigued" running animation. It was way better in NCAA 07 and I believe 08. It looks like they are having a spasm of some sort. Get rid of it.

10. The "salt-shaker" animation the QB performs when running the option. Sure it's fine if the option to pitch the ball is still applicable, but not 30 yards downfield. If I beat the DE and see a seam to take it upfield, I don't want my QB shaking the ball for another 30 yards. Let me tuck it and take off.

I'll just stop here. Thanks for listening if you are.

Last edited by J-Unit40; 01-04-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex26-
Please no espn, i can not stand Musberger. He is the worst. Bob Davie would be awesome though.
Calling Brent Musburger the worst is like calling Emmit Smith a Hall of Fame broadcaster..WTF
thats ridiculous..

Ben
Voodoo
Old 01-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
You have stated previously that space is not the issue with this game..... So what gives now?

I'm totally serious when I say that no endzone art will keep me from buying this game this year. Maybe 5 years ago I was such a fan that I'd buy it without, but at this point, we're all tired of this same old song and dance. At this point, at least with me, its the principle of stuff not being in the game(that was in the game 5 years ago) and feeling that we are consistently getting a half-hearted effort from EA. Nobody wants to keep waiting for "next year". Next year is not promised to anyone or anything.
It may sound minor but ENDZONE ART during bowl games is mandatory for NCAA FOOTBALL 2010. Too much stuff from last gen is missing... still! I still play 07 on ps2... what a game. Why can't next gen be like that?
Old 02-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #48
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

1. mascot game, out.

2. campus legend needs tweaked or it needs to be tossed.(it's the same every year, it gets boring after maybe a year.)

3. Mini-games unless there going to use them in off-season.

^that's just a couple

Needs help

1. Passing- you can complete 100% of your passes if you just run slants and drags. Linebackers can't stay with tight ends! Why? Unless the tight end is Antonio Gates linebackers should atleast be able to be guarded. Man to man is a joke. Corners don't jump curls, slants, etc. Can't make open field tackles against quarterbacks. Unbelievable.

2. Offensive line- Why have them if there not going block anybody. You have maybe 2 seconds after the snap to stay in the pocket, if not your heads' gone. Atleast have them move a little, they stand there like there in quick sand. I know there huge but come on they can move a step or two.

3. Traditions- Howard's Rock for Clemson before running down the hill, Notre Dame's play like a champion, and i know this would be tough but it would be sweet is to have the bands play pre-game a song or two.

4. Game-day- Have the games being played and have Corso and Herbstreit make predictions, i know their not the brightest but a little glimpse of trying to make the game a little better.

5. Recruiting- Add the kid's grades, have some kids flunk out if there not to smart, have some kids get in trouble in off field actions. (they had them get in trouble a few years back and you could go on probation if you didn't handle it right) Add it back. Attitude problems, making the prospects a little less desirable so the lesser programs can get some of the better talent but take a chance on disruptions.

6. Gameplay- You can return a punt for a touchdown every time if have someone over 93 speed. After a while it gets old. Change the kick coverage, the idiocity of the coaches on the other sideline calling play. 3rd and 8 and your going to run an iso? get real. Make the game more realistic.

7. FCS Schools- If you can add them on PS2 then you can add them on 360 and PS3, take away other stuff to do so, but playing 36 overall FCS East isn't too enjoyable. Appy State would be like 74 overall and I have to play a 36 overall team. Come on i can run passes there cornerback with my 55 speed quarterback.

8. Endzones- I don't know if there is anything more irritating than playing a the national championship and having to see nothing in the endzone except the bcs national championship sign in side. Add there freakin' names it take at most 10 letters, come on man! If you can do it during the regular season games then why not post-season games.

Overall it's a good game but after plenty of times playing it, it gets a little old seeing the same thing everytime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »