Home

Help deciding on a QB

This is a discussion on Help deciding on a QB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Help deciding on a QB

we are in our 5 season in our dynasty and i recruited 2 freshman QBs and do not know which to start.

speed awr thp tha
QB1 71 75 91 87
QB2 86 64 88 82

Last season My QB only had 68 speed and won the QB award but i lost 3 lineman, so i am starting 3 freshmen on the line.

i think i can deal with QB2 tha but his awr scares me.

How much stock do you you put in awr?
Which would you start and why?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Help deciding on a QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by eason24
we are in our 5 season in our dynasty and i recruited 2 freshman QBs and do not know which to start.

speed awr thp tha
QB1 71 75 91 87
QB2 86 64 88 82

Last season My QB only had 68 speed and won the QB award but i lost 3 lineman, so i am starting 3 freshmen on the line.

i think i can deal with QB2 tha but his awr scares me.

How much stock do you you put in awr?
Which would you start and why?

Thanks

How much stock do you you put in awr? Zero.

The type of offense you run wil determain what type of offense you run. I would start QB1 because I run a balance attack and need a pocket passer. What about using a dual QB system?
Old 11-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

The low awr. to me is no problem. I don't think it matters in the game at all. The sliders take care of that. I would look at what you like to run. If you want a mobile qb then #2 is the pick, but they are close in the passing so not a big enough difference there. I like qb's that can run and pass so I would go with #2 but I also look at ovr and play the highest. The only way 3 freshmen linemen make a difference is if they are low rated or you play with zeroed out sliders. I have 5 freshmen starting on my line and rank 3rd in rushing O in the nation. I have a running qb and a fast rb and have rblk at 50. So sliders trump the youth in the game. These are just my thoughts and others may see it different then me.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

Awareness means nothing cuz you control the QB but the accuracy does cuz you can throw a lot of picks if the acc is too low. it also depends on how you play personally as to who starts. me i would start #1 cuz i play more pocket than option.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:49 PM   #5
Rookie

thanks for the advice.

i think i will go with QB1, just because i looked back at it and QB2 on has 83 thp and i like to throw deep alot. QB1 is also about 5 pts higher overall then QB2.

it would not big that big of a descion to start the season if i was not playing the number 1 team (which is also a user controlled team) the first game of the season.

as for the dual QB system, i would love to do that only if we had formation subs in this game

thanks again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eason24
thanks for the advice.

i think i will go with QB1, just because i looked back at it and QB2 on has 83 thp and i like to throw deep alot. QB1 is also about 5 pts higher overall then QB2.

it would not big that big of a descion to start the season if i was not playing the number 1 team (which is also a user controlled team) the first game of the season.

as for the dual QB system, i would love to do that only if we had formation subs in this game

thanks again
The game has formation subs at the play calling screen. You can flip WRs, dual Backs and use the backup QB. And it stays for the entire game until you change it.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #7
Rookie

Icon14 Re: Help deciding on a QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter
The game has formation subs at the play calling screen. You can flip WRs, dual Backs and use the backup QB. And it stays for the entire game until you change it.
i did not know that.
i will look at that tonight

thanks
Old 11-26-2008, 10:55 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 37

Based on this game... SPEED RULES... always go with the speed. Since jump the snap is so frequent and there is no pocket I use run and gun offense which requires a mobile QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »