Home

This is a good game but...

This is a discussion on This is a good game but... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2008, 01:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
This is a good game but...

i still get a better enjoyment from ncaa football 06 and 07 for ps2 rather than 08 or 09 with ps3. There are a few reasons why. 1st to me the pace of the game seems a lil off for me. Maybe i just suck but it seems like you dont have much time to react to balls thrown. I try but no matter how early i switch off to try to block it or intercept the football i usually dont have time to hit it. 2nd i just hate how you cant see the whole field when using your quarterback. Say you have split halfbacks and they both go to opposite sides of the field you cant see if the cbs are rushing or staying with them. I would like to see a high camera angle so i can see the whole field. If anyone has any suggestions on this i would be thankful.

Chuck2530

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2008, 02:13 AM   #2
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: This is a good game but...

Yah I agree, the last gen game seemed a little more solid but Next-gen is coming along. Not being able to see the whole field can be rectified if you have a wide screen tv or just set your xbox (or PS3 i guess) to wide screen.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:16 AM   #3
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSox05
Yah I agree, the last gen game seemed a little more solid but Next-gen is coming along. Not being able to see the whole field can be rectified if you have a wide screen tv or just set your xbox (or PS3 i guess) to wide screen.
i have a wide screen and still cant see the entire field. even after adjusting. we cant even see the field at school on game day when we play on a projector that displays 70 inches

Old 11-27-2008, 02:18 AM   #4
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
i have a wide screen and still cant see the entire field. even after adjusting. we cant even see the field at school on game day when we play on a projector that displays 70 inches
Hmmm, I can see just about the whole field, maybe a little cut off at the very edge of the flats. Maybe there is a difference between the two systems.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:57 AM   #5
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSox05
Hmmm, I can see just about the whole field, maybe a little cut off at the very edge of the flats. Maybe there is a difference between the two systems.
Possibly

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2008, 11:19 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I to have a ps3 and i cant see the whole field but after eating some turkey today i will try to set my ps3 so i can see it any suggestions on how to do it. I just got my ps3 this past Sunday and im not sure exactly how to do it. Thanks

chuck2530

Old 11-29-2008, 04:57 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 3

I agree completely, NCAA 07 for regular Xbox was such an awesome game. Was so pumped to finally get next gen and play NCAA and it's been a big disappointment. The game just doesn't play anywhere near as well. The defenders don't react to the ball nearly good enough. D linemen never beat O linemen in one on one pass pro. As mentioned above, you can't see the entire field on pass plays. The player movement is clunky and the animations are unrealistic. The whole game just feels so drab compared to the old gen games. I wish they would have kept the old engine and just continued to improve on it.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:39 AM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think one of my biggest beefs on next gen has been the lack of player control on defense. They slide a little too much. I think the camera angles are about the same although I would like options.

I think NCAA 06 and 07 were fun (especially 06) but they both had flaws that after awhile grew annoying. Next gen still has problems but I'm having fun with it and simply couldn't go back to those old games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »