Home

Statistics from NCAA.Org

This is a discussion on Statistics from NCAA.Org within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #25
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Statistics from NCAA.Org

Quote:
So my 28 minute game is about the equivilant of a 60 minute game. And besides, I'm pretty sure what we're talking about here is the sim engine, which would operate off of 15 minute quarters to accuratly simulate stats.
I'll admit I had not read the whole thread before posting, mostly just the first few points, but scanning through it after the fact I see an awful lot of people talking about the gameplay and not the sim engine.

That's cool if you're playing 7 minute quarters to make the # of plays more realistic. I used 6 minutes myself in NCAA 08, although now that I'm playing OD in 09 we're using 5, wasn't my choice. Sadly, with a realistic number of plays I'd imagine your games are probably averaging a total of at least 65 points per game between the two teams (played games, not simmed) which is not realistic at all. I think if people played a realistic number of plays and had a realistic number of big plays and points in the game on a regular basis, they'd get quite bored.

Last edited by TrevJo; 12-04-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #26
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
I'll admit I had not read the whole thread before posting, mostly just the first few points, but scanning through it after the fact I see an awful lot of people talking about the gameplay and not the sim engine.

That's cool if you're playing 7 minute quarters to make the # of plays more realistic. I used 6 minutes myself in NCAA 08, although now that I'm playing OD in 09 we're using 5, wasn't my choice. Sadly, with a realistic number of plays I'd imagine your games are probably averaging a total of at least 65 points per game between the two teams (played games, not simmed) which is not realistic at all. I think if people played a realistic number of plays and had a realistic number of big plays and points in the game on a regular basis, they'd get quite bored.
Well, the last two games I've played have been a 31-21 win and a 38-31 win. Not too outlandish considering I was a Pac-10 team with only an 82 rated defense, playing teams that were a combined 19-5.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:54 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5

I have always used a realistic number of plays as the basis for judging my gameplay. I often get into slider purgortory, but when I pass that I go on from there. I use that actual NCAA and specifically my teams averages to judge. Many play now games, and a few (practice seasons) before I start a dynasty.

Once I get that right it is usually time for the new hoops and hockey games to come out, but I still have fun with NCAA FB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »