Home

Increasing difficulty (AA to Heisman)

This is a discussion on Increasing difficulty (AA to Heisman) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2008, 09:28 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Increasing difficulty (AA to Heisman)

I just played a game in my Rice dynasty against the #8 ranked Longhorns, and won 23-13. I was even subconciously trying to lose because I know that Rice would never beat Texas. Clement threw 1 TD and 3 INTs, and I still won. I initially started the game and was up 14-0 after the 1st, so I quit and changed some sliders (increased CPU running/run block, decreased HUM awareness and knockdown), but I replayed the game and still pretty much shut down the Longhorns' offense.

I've decided that this is a sign I need to move from All-American to Heisman. If I do this will it set the "Custom AI" sliders to something else or leave them where I have them? Also, would I need to change the sliders to not get wrecked every game (this next game is important, I have a bunch of recruits coming out), or will leaving them alone keep things roughly similar in terms of what they control (blocking, WR catching, def knockdown/INT)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Increasing difficulty (AA to Heisman)

I would suggest making the switch to heisman but before you play your dynasty again spend a few days ironing out the sliders in play now mode.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Increasing difficulty (AA to Heisman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I just played a game in my Rice dynasty against the #8 ranked Longhorns, and won 23-13. I was even subconciously trying to lose because I know that Rice would never beat Texas. Clement threw 1 TD and 3 INTs, and I still won. I initially started the game and was up 14-0 after the 1st, so I quit and changed some sliders (increased CPU running/run block, decreased HUM awareness and knockdown), but I replayed the game and still pretty much shut down the Longhorns' offense.

I've decided that this is a sign I need to move from All-American to Heisman. If I do this will it set the "Custom AI" sliders to something else or leave them where I have them? Also, would I need to change the sliders to not get wrecked every game (this next game is important, I have a bunch of recruits coming out), or will leaving them alone keep things roughly similar in terms of what they control (blocking, WR catching, def knockdown/INT)?
That was my biggest beef with AA. The cpu offense is just lousy. I played about two years on AA and ended up going to Heisman. It does take some slider adjustments but it works really well.

I posted a thread a while ago about fine-tuning your own sliders and I put in a spreadsheet that will take your AA sliders and convert them to a Heisman base set. It's not perfect but I think you will be surprised as to how similar Heisman will be when you give it a shot. If you can't open the zip file, just PM me your AA sliders and I will convert them to a Heisman (or even a Varsity set) for you to try.

http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showt...post2038849003
Attached Files
File Type: zip AA Slider Convertor.ZIP (7.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 12-04-2008 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Added the file directly to this thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »