Home

I owe EA an apology. Perhaps not so dumb.

This is a discussion on I owe EA an apology. Perhaps not so dumb. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #9
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: I owe EA an apology. Perhaps not so dumb.

thats funny, fist and Revis say its too easy and stonecold says its to hard. I get burnt on 3rd downs all the time so I dont know how much harded people would make the game.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 12-05-2008, 02:25 PM   #10
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Well, I stayed away after '05, and I bought 08 last year. I like '08. I don't think theres much this game does better than '08 aside from graphics and animations. You could play solid defense on '08.
Yeah, I wonder if many people really gave '08 a chance after the patch last December. I know I didn't really....I was pretty fed up by that point. But after the game sat on the shelf in the off season, I picked it up again this fall and it wasn't so bad.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Yeah, I wonder if many people really gave '08 a chance after the patch last December. I know I didn't really....I was pretty fed up by that point. But after the game sat on the shelf in the off season, I picked it up again this fall and it wasn't so bad.
I was not necessarily fed up with the game, but those I would usually play with, they gave up on the game quick. Before 09' released I played NCAA 08' regularly, until 09 released. 09' stills gets spins, but not often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #12
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
thats funny, fist and Revis say its too easy and stonecold says its to hard. I get burnt on 3rd downs all the time so I dont know how much harded people would make the game.
I never said it was too hard. I said it's just cheap, that you cant play defense like you should be able to.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #13
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
I have no apology. Theres still no excuse for not being able to play defense. Beat me all day, fine; but at least give me a chance to stop the pass. Also, if this was somebodys first exposure to football, they would never know you wre allowed to throw the ball deep since the CPU never does so. Also, if a TE catches a pass in the open, it doesnt matter what you're speed is, youre not catching him from behind.

Yes I can get sacks at times, but feeling like some plays are just pre-determined is no fun.

I hold firm in that this is the second worst NCAA ever.
i agree with the cpu not throwing deep but as far as the rest you must have a diffrent game. ill give you that on aa the players have no awareness and you have to do everything yourself but there is plenty of d on heisman. its much more read and react than throw to the open man and run. i have no idea what the not catching a te from behind thing is. i dont even know what your talking about. the sliders my online dynasty uses had the best rb with only 12 runs over 20 for a hum at the end of year. i think you just need to quit playing on puss mode and make it challenging.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
I have no apology. Theres still no excuse for not being able to play defense. Beat me all day, fine; but at least give me a chance to stop the pass. Also, if this was somebodys first exposure to football, they would never know you wre allowed to throw the ball deep since the CPU never does so. Also, if a TE catches a pass in the open, it doesnt matter what you're speed is, youre not catching him from behind.

Yes I can get sacks at times, but feeling like some plays are just pre-determined is no fun.

I hold firm in that this is the second worst NCAA ever.
Totally agree and that isn't the end of the freaking endless buggy list. No patch can fix this game it needs a total overhaul. One quick example how no patch can fix it, a big 12 dyn i am in post patch just got bombed. Everyone plays last week opponent again plus some like me got 2 wins outa one game, also the stats are messed up. So i second stoneclod's opinion that this is the second worst game every.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #15
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive_Turkey
Totally agree and that isn't the end of the freaking endless buggy list. No patch can fix this game it needs a total overhaul. One quick example how no patch can fix it, a big 12 dyn i am in post patch just got bombed. Everyone plays last week opponent again plus some like me got 2 wins outa one game, also the stats are messed up. So i second stoneclod's opinion that this is the second worst game every.
So let me get this straight. This game is worse than the others because Online Dynasty is glitched? A feature that none of the other games even had?!?!? That doesn't make any sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #16
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by concretefire
So I had a thought, maybe ea isn't so dumb. Pre-patch for newbs...post patch for hard core.
That's not what EA's plan was.

The game is ridiculously easy on offense. If I was using Oklahoma and I was playing Eastern Michigan, I would expect for it to be easy to score. However, when I am using San Diego St. and I'm lighting up USC, then there is something wrong.

I still play the crap out of the game. It's fun but it definitely has flaws.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »