Home

NCAA Football 2004 - Best Ever?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 2004 - Best Ever? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #25
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 2004 - Best Ever?

NCAA 04 is overrated.

Every year when a new NCAA game is released, people complain and compare it to NCAA 2004.

When NCAA 2004 came out, people were complaining about it too. That game had it's share of issues. It was difficult to complete short passes and the deep ball was money.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2008, 02:55 PM   #26
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: NCAA Football 2004 - Best Ever?

I agree that '04 is overrated but I think the deep ball is way easier to complete in the "2nd engine" used from '05-'08 on PS2/Xbox. Posts and drags were unstoppable in '04 though, as was the counter run. My roommate in college had a 97 game winning streak in our 14 or 15 year dynasty in '04 and his playbook consisted of four plays.

Also, the lack of pre-snap adjustments make the game pretty much unplayable these days. You can't even flip the side you run to without flipping the entire play via an audible. And this was back when the CPU AI had ESP and could always tell what side you were running to on the higher difficulty levels.

I still own all of the last-gen NCAA's and play them from time to time and '06 is definitely the best to me. It corrected what '05 screwed up and was the last game before the momentum meter. It's not perfect but it is the best of the bunch IMO. Defense is non-existant in '07, '08 is great until the momentum meter kicks in and ruins many a good games.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »