Home

Victor "Macho" Harris at WR? Chesse Yes or No?

This is a discussion on Victor "Macho" Harris at WR? Chesse Yes or No? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2008, 05:06 PM   #9
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Victor "Macho" Harris at WR? Chesse Yes or No?

The only thing that I see wrong with this is when do you get punished? Meaning, you leave him in all game at WR and CB he should get dead tired and be less effective at both since he would be on the field for almost 120 snaps if it were real life. I hope that makes sense. It's not cheese, but it is just you should be punished if you run him at both positions all game long.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 12-08-2008, 05:42 PM   #10
All Star

OVR: 24

I am firmly in the camp that what they do in real life has no bearing whether its cheese in a video game but playing Harris at WR would not be one of those, especially if done on a limited basis. I don't see his skill as different than other WR other than he is fast. Now put him at TE and i would have major issue with it. I do think its kinda weak to do this more than a handful of plays a game and is just another example of speed being overdone.

I know alot on this board are for user catch and DB switching (while in the air) but this is a prime example why leagues shouldn't allow it. The abilities of the WR/DB should be the main factor why he is his position other than just his speed. User catch negates the need to really look for something other than speed. Like in my league- speed is awesome sure but you better get a WR/TE who can catch, jump and run his routes as well. Same for DB- That B speed safty with A+ awareness and good MCV and ZCV likely will be more desirable than the two star A speed guy.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:11 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
The only thing that I see wrong with this is when do you get punished? Meaning, you leave him in all game at WR and CB he should get dead tired and be less effective at both since he would be on the field for almost 120 snaps if it were real life. I hope that makes sense. It's not cheese, but it is just you should be punished if you run him at both positions all game long.
Oh, but there is a punishment for having him go both ways. If I over use him he will always be yellow. I have my wr sub out set at 75 and sub in at 85 to keep him fresh. also, with VT i run the ball 60-70 percent of the time.

I get what your saying about how no D1 player goes both ways full time. But it's a game. If the game had a better substitution interface then I could be more selective in the number of offensive plays be gets. Until then, I just sub him in an leave him in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2008, 09:43 PM   #12
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

They do this in real life on occasion so as long as you don't put him there permanently then I don't see a problem with it.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Cheesing is exploiting a programming error in the game to your advantage over a human competitor. Using a guy with multiple talents on both sides of the ball, such as Victor Harris, is strategy, and not cheese.
Exactly. The cheese police need to lighten up a little.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

I would just put my fast CB on him...Garvin is 97 speed....good luck outrunning him...

and i love anyone who tries to justify cheese by saying "They do that in real life!" yes...the gators do put harvin in at QB sometimes...and it's garbage. Option with him all day will work...

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:11 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrickNole
I would just put my fast CB on him...Garvin is 97 speed....good luck outrunning him...

and i love anyone who tries to justify cheese by saying "They do that in real life!" yes...the gators do put harvin in at QB sometimes...and it's garbage. Option with him all day will work...
I notice some of my opponets attempting to do this. But I put him at the #1 WR position, so I can move him around and find the perfect mismatch. I'll use WR flip in I and strong, and put him in slot with "strong slot" personnel. Anything to match him up against your slower, weaker corner. Most teams don't have more that one conrner with 93+ speed. I become a chess match or a game of "find Macho".

Remember, the main reason I put him in is to keep the safties back. In some games he is more effective as a decoy, keeping my opponent is that "weak-A$$" cover 2 man. The power running game eats that defense up!

I use it as a strategy to free up other componets of my offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 10:04 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkmike
Exactly. The cheese police need to lighten up a little.
Yep. I can't see it happening though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »