Home

Four years and approx 40 seasons later.....

This is a discussion on Four years and approx 40 seasons later..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #1
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
Four years and approx 40 seasons later.....

That is how long it has taken me to take a team, go undefeated, and win the National Championship in the NCAA Football series again. Yes, the last time I won a NC with any team was December 2004 with NCAA 05. Keep in mind I only play offline single player Dynasty vs the cpu and I always adjust the sliders so that I get realistic stats and therefore it's hard to win the NC. Over all those seasons I have come close, only to loose a NC game or the Conference Championship game here or there that ended my perfect seasons.

NCAA 06 I played on the ps2 and never won the NC.

NCAA 07 I played both the 360 and PSP version and no NC.

NCAA 08 I played on the 360. I made it to the NC game once and lost in the final 30 seconds, it was devastating.

NCAA 09 I played on the 360. I only got through less than two seasons after the game was fully patched and gave up on it, I don't know how EA could release an abortion of a game like that.

NCAA 07 on the the ps2. After selling the 360 version of 09 there was no way I was going without an NCAA game. This series is my main game every year and has been since start of it in 1993. I decided to get 07 for the ps2 because I missed the great gameplay of that generation and was fed up with next gen football. It was without a doubt the best $4.50 I have ever spend on gaming (yes, that was my cost for the ps2 version of 07).

After going four real years in between National Championships I had to tell somebody LOL. My wife thinks I am nuts. By the way, I play with various teams and my championship last night came with Nebraska. I play about half of my seasons with Nebraska and the rest with various other teams in different conferences.

One last thing to add: if you miss great NCAA football gameplay, don't hesitate to dust off your ps2/xbox and pull an old copy of NCAA off the shelf or head to Gamestop with $1 to $4 (you can buy NCAA 04, 05, 06 or 07 for that price range) and get ready for football heaven again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Four years and approx 40 seasons later.....

I won two titles in '06 (one with one loss) and I don't think I've won a title since. I can't remember about '07 but I know I didn't win in '08 and I just lost the NC game in '09. I'm moving on though for another challenge.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I won it in NCAA '08 with Middle Tennessee State. it took 11 seasons and a move from Sunbelt to MAC to SEC, but I finally won the SEC/NC and went 14-0. It was against Oklahoma, don't remember the score off-hand, but I do remember it went to OT.

the closest I've been to a NC game in '09 was a 13-1 season with Texas Tech and a #3 ranking before Bowl week. after Bowl games I was #2.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 12-10-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'm moving on though for another challenge.
Are you stopping playing NCAA all together and switching to another game/sport? Or did you mean time to start a new season in NCAA 09?
Old 12-10-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
Are you stopping playing NCAA all together and switching to another game/sport? Or did you mean time to start a new season in NCAA 09?
New season. I'm starting over again with UCLA.

I spent 6 years with Colorado. The first four years I won 9-10 games every year. The last two years were more boring since my team was so good and the Big 12 got fairly crappy. I went undefeated in the regular season in year 5 only to lose the Big 12 Title game and lose the Rose Bowl. Last year I won the Big 12 title game but got beat in the title game by USC 30-15.

Winning it all is a nice goal but the reality is that when your team is actually good enough to do it, you are beating the mediocre teams easily and not having enough fun because games aren't as challenging. The best part of dynasty mode for me is to take an average program and build them up. The first two or three years where you are scrapping for recruits and trying hard to win are the most fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #6
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

I think a big part of the reason it has taken me so long, just like you two guys mentioned, is that I avoid starting a new season with an "A" rated team. I usually go for teams that are either a "B" or "B+" at best. This insures me a competitive season of at least 6-7 wins and even a 10 win season could be within reach, but it also insures I won't be going undefeated very often.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:12 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Congrats man!

You aren't crazy. My fiance thinks I am crazy too.

I actually don't think I've ever won a NC in non-simmed seasons. I always start with a 1* team ans it seems like usually when I am close to NC-worthy, the next game comes out.

This year I started with Arkansas State, had 4 mediocre years with 2 bowl losses and 1 winning season, but somehow got offered a job at 3* Kansas. I'm in the middle of my first season there now. Hoping to build up my team and get the NC within 3-4 years. Maybe. I doubt it though, the Big-12 is TOUGH in my dynasty. Right now Ok, Tex, and Col are all in the top ten. Hoping I can sneak through the slightly weaker North and maybe into a conf. championship and NC one of these seasons.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:56 PM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Yeah, I am with you guys. I haven't won a title in a while. In my younger years on the NES and Sega Genesis, I routinely won championships. It was nice, but hard to get fired up. Now in my older years I look for more realistic results, and those rare title runs are alot more rewarding and exciting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »