Home

Updated Sim Engine sliders

This is a discussion on Updated Sim Engine sliders within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2008, 10:17 PM   #17
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Updated Sim Engine sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlood
Yeah, I get as close as I can. However I am still tweaking the sliders just a little...but it's more of a big picture type thing and how everything works together with the aggression sliders. I am hoping to have more information regarding those later this week.
Any update OB?
Old 12-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

I just updated the sliders as I found out after looking at it again I was using my old formula. I also added what the Offensive type should be to give better results.

I am still working on the agressiveness sliders however I after doing a few simulations and looking at the stats it does not look like it controls yards per attempt. I am still looking into it however.

I also wanted to do some work with team substitutions so that the teams that use multiple runningbacks it will be reflected in the game but after running a few simulations on that it doesn't look like this slider has any effect on anything.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:45 PM   #19
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I just updated the sliders as I found out after looking at it again I was using my old formula. I also added what the Offensive type should be to give better results.

I am still working on the agressiveness sliders however I after doing a few simulations and looking at the stats it does not look like it controls yards per attempt. I am still looking into it however.

I also wanted to do some work with team substitutions so that the teams that use multiple runningbacks it will be reflected in the game but after running a few simulations on that it doesn't look like this slider has any effect on anything.
I figured something had to be wrong with the last set of numbers. Nice work on fixing these up.

I couldn't find a conclusive result on the offensive aggression sliders when I tested them (~10 sim seasons) so I stopped looking at them. Hopefully the devs give you a response over at NCAAS.

Nice find on the strategies to get carries distributed, I'm throwing those into my dynasties from here on.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 24

[quote=youALREADYknow;2039029203
Nice find on the strategies to get carries distributed, I'm throwing those into my dynasties from here on.[/quote]

What are the strategies? I thought i read the whole thread but i don't recall these mentioned here.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:21 PM   #21
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
What are the strategies? I thought i read the whole thread but i don't recall these mentioned here.
Look back at the first post. He's listed the offensive strategy to go with the Run/Pass slider.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
The offensive strategies came into play when I was trying to get teams like Alabama to stop having the quarterback carry the ball 100 times and others like Georgia Tech and other option teams to spread the carries around.

Through playing around with them I found that there isn't a way to keep John Parker Wilson from carrying the ball too many times but I did find that if you set teams that run any sort of option (flexbone or shotgun zone read) to option run as the offensive type it makes things more realistic.

I am still trying to figure out how to stop pocket passing quarterbacks from running the ball. Offensive Aggression had no effect on it either. To tell you the truth I'm not sure the aggression sliders just like the substitution slider does anything. I am however awaiting the NCAA EA rep to get back to me on that however.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:00 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
The offensive strategies came into play when I was trying to get teams like Alabama to stop having the quarterback carry the ball 100 times and others like Georgia Tech and other option teams to spread the carries around.

Through playing around with them I found that there isn't a way to keep John Parker Wilson from carrying the ball too many times but I did find that if you set teams that run any sort of option (flexbone or shotgun zone read) to option run as the offensive type it makes things more realistic.

I am still trying to figure out how to stop pocket passing quarterbacks from running the ball. Offensive Aggression had no effect on it either. To tell you the truth I'm not sure the aggression sliders just like the substitution slider does anything. I am however awaiting the NCAA EA rep to get back to me on that however.
Thank you for explaining that. Outside changing the teams playbook you might be out of luck on getting a QB pocket QB to run less it sounds like.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:39 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Thank you for explaining that. Outside changing the teams playbook you might be out of luck on getting a QB pocket QB to run less it sounds like.
That's what it seems like. It's not the playbook as teams like Alabama, USC and other under center offenses have quarterbacks with 75+ carries. I realize some of those are sacks, but when John Parker Wilson has 1,000 yards rushing there is something wrong with the sim engine that can not be fixed by tweaking sliders. It seems to happen more to the teams that have really good offensive lines. Hopefully this is another one of those things that will be fixed in 2010.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »