Home

How far along do you think EA is with development of NCAA 2010?

This is a discussion on How far along do you think EA is with development of NCAA 2010? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: How far along do you think EA is with development of NCAA 2010?

I wonder, has anyone ever thought about making sports series biennial, so y'all can have more time to give us teh game that we want.

But BASICALLY, TELL EVERYONE THAT YOU SHOULD SURPASS NFL 2k5 in presentation, fix the gameplay, and you will have the greatest game ever.. and I mean ever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #26
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I doubt he got fired for that. The way it sounds is that he had a very low percentage of valid bugs being entered. It is fine for a tester to put in a suggestion or wishlist bug every now and again, but if you aren't entering actual BUGS, then you aren't doing your job.

I'm not involved in the QA department (I was a tester once though), so I'm not sure what their criteria are these days for tester evaluations.
Thanks for taking the time to answer the question. You guys made some nice steps in 2009, but I really hope you take in consideration the feedback from this board and the desire to have a more of a SIM game (i.e. let us play defense again).
Old 12-21-2008, 01:40 AM   #27
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartmanclone
I wonder, has anyone ever thought about making sports series biennial, so y'all can have more time to give us teh game that we want.

But BASICALLY, TELL EVERYONE THAT YOU SHOULD SURPASS NFL 2k5 in presentation, fix the gameplay, and you will have the greatest game ever.. and I mean ever
That won't happen, even if the designers wanted it to; at the end of the day, as broken and unfinished as alot of us think they are, NCAA and Madden (especially Madden) move major units every year.

In order to justify biennial, the games would either have to sell double or progressively sell more and more every release until they're able to make back the money lost from not releasing annually; and neither of those is going to happen.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT

It actually takes quite some time from final date to street date. We have to get it tested by EA central QA, then tested by Microsoft and Sony, then manufactured, then shipped to stores etc. It takes like three months!
This is why consoles suck! And why this production cycle is terribly ineffecient and creates a less than stellar improvement year to year.

When oh when will we go the route of the MMORPG's and charge a yearly fee for patch updates.....
Old 12-21-2008, 11:55 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 38
no thats not cool

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »