Home

In screaching voice - HELP!!!

This is a discussion on In screaching voice - HELP!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2008, 09:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
In screaching voice - HELP!!!

I have a friend who i play with probably twice a week and he pisses me off with his cheesing b/s.

On D he runs a 1-5-5 controlling the FS and just roaming the field for posts and deep routes and on O if he's not using Crabtree to hit post routes and burning up man and zone coverages. (no lie last game 50 pass attempts Crabtree 45 catches -355yrds 7 TDs)

With Crabtree, I believe there is no answer I will put the best cb (awareness, man and zone coverage ratings) and he will still be caught on or put a blanket with double coverage and zone underneath - problem is that someone else will be open.

Also, for some strange reason he's able to hit stick with everyone from the kicker to the best whiff tacklers in the game.

Here's what I have done: To counter the 1-5-5 I have started audibling to a 5-wide set because it stretches the D (no homo) and you know the coverages.

I've tried using the hitstick when Crabtree catches but he either does the computer controlled auto sidestep (which I feel is so gay), breaks the tackle, or just takes a big @ss hit and still holds the ball.

P.S. Oh yea, I use Penn State and Multi D PB, Heisman, majority of the Sliders set high (70+)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: In screaching voice - HELP!!!

1-5-5? wtf...what playbook is that in?
As far as crabtree...I would run out of a 3-3-5 D and use cover 3.... Control the LB or Safety and let em hit crabtree all day...but be right there to jar the ball loose when he catches it...or come over the top and take it back for 6....The bad part is when they hit those garbage curl routes....If you hit em hard enough when they catch it if you learn how to time it they will drop the ball. And if he wants to control the safety on D, Run the ball....and use lost of PA with your HB running to the flats....if it's single coverage on the outside...hit the deep route...if not dump it short for 10-12 yards...Screen plays from the gun will also catch him off guard...

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Old 12-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: In screaching voice - HELP!!!

1-5-5 is a nickel formation in the Multiple D playbook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »