Home

Whats the best Ncaa Football game ever for original Xbox?

This is a discussion on Whats the best Ncaa Football game ever for original Xbox? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Whats the best Ncaa Football game ever for original Xbox?

08 was better than 07 in every way except the jacked up pursuit angles if you hit the speed burst before you cross the line of scrimmage. one day ea will figure out that if they remove the speed burst they remove alot of the problems. ill tell you that the best football game ever made is 09 on ps2. its amazing.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #10
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frycicle
Maybe its just me but NCAA 06 runs super slow on my 360. It is to the point of unplayable. Any one else have this problem?
Yes! I am having the exact same problem with 06. I have tried 3 separate discs, and they all play in slow motion.

Sideshow Bob
Old 01-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Anyone ever have freezing problems with Xbox NCAA Football 2003?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #12
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

It would be '04 for me. There was alot to like about '07, but the momentum was way too overblown for me. Most games I played were blowouts one way or the other....I would say about 75% of the games were essentially over at halftime. '07 also had the mandatory 1st person view on kick returns and automatic CPU FG's.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #13
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

06 is the best IMO. It seems that 09 for PS2 plays a lot more like next-gen (meaning no running game at all for the CPU, jacked up linebacker INTs - way too many turnovers) to me.

Sideshow Bob
Old 01-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #14
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Last night, in dire need of a college football fix, I gave a spin with each of my last 3 NCAA titles: 04 and 07 on the Old Gen with '08 for the current gen. I started with '08 with Utah (since I was horny after watching the Sugar Bowl). Well after watching the real Utes run their hurry up, NCAA 08 felt as slow as ever. Ugh. I almost made it through the 1st quarter before giving up.

Next up, '04. I still give it the highest ranking of the series, but the graphics are pretty cartoony at this point. I played USC vs. Penn St in the Rose Bowl. Still love the endzone art. Audio seems on par with '08.

Last up was 07 (last gen). I love the speed and tempo of this one. Graphics much more lifelike. Probably too fast and arcadey for some folks here, but I loved the speed and tempo. I didn't like the colors....kind of washed out. I also remember this as my first NCAA game with Jump the Snap (not sure if introduced in '07 or '06).....I hate JTS. I really do.

Each of these games has so much to draw a college football fan in.....But so many frustrating flaws that make them difficult to play. The worst part for me is that the problems the game has are not glitches or mistakes, but actual design decision that were deliberatly put into the game....JTS, Momentum etc.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #15
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
08 was better than 07 in every way except the jacked up pursuit angles if you hit the speed burst before you cross the line of scrimmage. one day ea will figure out that if they remove the speed burst they remove alot of the problems. ill tell you that the best football game ever made is 09 on ps2. its amazing.
The ONLY problem that really stands out for me on 09 is that dynasty drills are way too powerful. You can increase player ratings to a ridiculous degree. I know, I know...just don't use them. But it's so tempting...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoToledo
Yes! I am having the exact same problem with 06. I have tried 3 separate discs, and they all play in slow motion.
Yeah the slow motion sucks. I have to wonder if the people who said it was backwards compatible actually played the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »