Home

3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year?

This is a discussion on 3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: 3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year?

atmosphere or presentation....I really believe EA/TIb does not understand........We ask for better atmosphere and Presentation last year and we got Cheerleaders doing flips and stuff....This leads me to believe EA doesnt have a clue when it comes to this part of the game.

I wonder if they have ever turned on a 2K game? If not maybe they can go rent a couple and take a look and see...

robotic sideline players....enough said!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #50
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdenz
atmosphere or presentation....I really believe EA/TIb does not understand........We ask for better atmosphere and Presentation last year and we got Cheerleaders doing flips and stuff....This leads me to believe EA doesnt have a clue when it comes to this part of the game.

I wonder if they have ever turned on a 2K game? If not maybe they can go rent a couple and take a look and see...

robotic sideline players....enough said!
Whats really bad about that is that if you play NCAA 2004, not only did that game have everything that EA "added" to 2009. But it also had cannons when certain teams scored, the cheerleaders actually had the logos of the team on their uniform and on the cheek. I played a game on 09 the other day of Utah vs Alabama, and I had no clue who's cheerleaders were being shown because there was no logos to differentiate the colors.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:23 AM   #51
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
1) No OL/DL and WR/DB Work. This includes everything from a pocket so there are no easy scrambles to the sideline to, suction blocking, stupid uber pancaking defenders, stupid Olinemen just standing around not knowing what to do, OLinemen cheating to blocking overload blitzes, Rocket catching and out of place CB's.

2) If the ratings did not receive major look and every team is the same just different uniforms forget it. If dudes are still able to just take off running with the QB on the snap and not lose accuracy and strength on passes down the field, I'm a no go.

3) Playbook content and flexibility - more diversity, editors, and audibling (why can't I change which plays I want in the R Stick audibles?)

4) Lastly, for online, if everyone is forced to play the same style of defense just to account for stuff you can count me out.

I'm playing the game in the store this year, I'll be able to tell this stuff right off the bat. I'm not even renting it, I'm playing it at EBgames/gamestop since I know the managers.

POINT #3... Bring back customizable playbooks and formation subs. How many times do we need to ask???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #52
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm really hoping to get back into the NCAA game at some point.

But like many others I need to have some of the old gen features make their return. My favorite feature was CAS. If CAS is back for '10' I'll at least consider getting it. Other features that are nearly a must...

1. Sliders to be far more effective.
2. Edit my playbook.
3. Wide open gameplay to be toned down.

Without these few things....I'm sure I'll pass on NCAA once again.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #53
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

1st, I am a gamer who playes sports games mostly. 2nd I am a huge football fan. I like basketball, baseball ect. but College Hoops is gone, MLB2k9 had better be a great game or I will not endure the train wreck that 2k8 was (360 only). I like NHL but I am not a huge fan. I haven't bought Madden in 4 years, so NCAA is the only game I have left. So yes I will be ready to buy next years game. I will say that this years game has been my 360 more often that not, so I am hoping for the best.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »