Home

Alright EA guys. It is now January. Time to spill the beans on NCAA 2010 Info.

This is a discussion on Alright EA guys. It is now January. Time to spill the beans on NCAA 2010 Info. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #73
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Alright EA guys. It is now January. Time to spill the beans on NCAA 2010 Info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Sorry my bad... I meant to say NCAA STRATEGIES, not OP sports. Yeah, Greg has been very kind in answering the best he can. He is pretty honest though with certain features and if you put the words in such a way he will sort of hint at a yes or no for 2010.

I get the feeling that CAS may be back (perhaps as a paid download?) but that FCS is a no go... SAD considering it is one of the top issues mentioned. If you read between the lines you also seem to see:
1. Improved OL/DL interaction
2. Continued development of atmosphere
3. Some specific team intros
4. Some more alternate uniforms
5. More stadiums... though still not ALL
6. Formation subs (Madden play screen?)
7. Less QB accuracy / more cpu running game
8. More mascots
9. A new playcall screen
10. More fight songs
11. Accelerated clock
12. Post game celebration

What I don't think will make it: (based on Greg's answers)
1. FCS
2. Editable playbooks
3. Uniform editor
4. Better pursuit angles
5. Create a play
6. Coaches on the field
7. Refs on the field
8. Detailed equipment options
9. IN-game saves
10. QB auto throw
11. CPU mass subs / pulling a struggling starter
12. Chant creator
13. Player lock
14. Discipline mode
15. Bands in the stands
16. Historic teams
17. Scrimmage mode for online dynasty
18. New camera angles
19. More coaching options
20. CPU recruiting depth chart glitch

Greg has said that the team HAS FIVE MAJOR GOALS THIS YEAR though it's not a guarantee that they will make it. My question is what is major and what is minor? (remember Madden this year!)
If you are even remotely correct, this makes me so pissed. Everything that I think needs to be in the next gen is on your "not" list. If the case, I will not buy the game next year, and this time I'm not threatening(I know I sound mean, I hope it came of intimidating) but I am serious. So basically, the game will suck tremendously...again. What a rip-off.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Alright EA guys. It is now January. Time to spill the beans on NCAA 2010 Info.

Can I get a link to that thread?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:29 PM   #75
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Sorry my bad... I meant to say NCAA STRATEGIES, not OP sports. Yeah, Greg has been very kind in answering the best he can. He is pretty honest though with certain features and if you put the words in such a way he will sort of hint at a yes or no for 2010.

I get the feeling that CAS may be back (perhaps as a paid download?) but that FCS is a no go... SAD considering it is one of the top issues mentioned. If you read between the lines you also seem to see:
1. Improved OL/DL interaction
2. Continued development of atmosphere
3. Some specific team intros
4. Some more alternate uniforms
5. More stadiums... though still not ALL
6. Formation subs (Madden play screen?)
7. Less QB accuracy / more cpu running game
8. More mascots
9. A new playcall screen
10. More fight songs
11. Accelerated clock
12. Post game celebration

What I don't think will make it: (based on Greg's answers)
1. FCS
2. Editable playbooks
3. Uniform editor
4. Better pursuit angles
5. Create a play
6. Coaches on the field
7. Refs on the field
8. Detailed equipment options
9. IN-game saves
10. QB auto throw
11. CPU mass subs / pulling a struggling starter
12. Chant creator
13. Player lock
14. Discipline mode
15. Bands in the stands
16. Historic teams
17. Scrimmage mode for online dynasty
18. New camera angles
19. More coaching options
20. CPU recruiting depth chart glitch

Greg has said that the team HAS FIVE MAJOR GOALS THIS YEAR though it's not a guarantee that they will make it. My question is what is major and what is minor? (remember Madden this year!)
18. I'm pretty sure OMT (Adam) said there will be new camera angles.

20. That's just ridiculous. Inexcusable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 10:54 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
Can I get a link to that thread?

Yeah the site in www.ncaastrategies.com. Look for Greg's link in the forums (Q & A with Greg). EA still is not releasing game info yet but it's a start.

Just for the record, this is my interpretation only based on his responses and a few responses he has sent to me. READ THE POSTS AND MAKE YOUR OWN JUDGEMENTS... I WOULD LOVE TO SEE WHAT OTHER THINK. I suggest contacting him as he is very outgoing in trying to answer community questions. It's nice to see EA taking an interest in the consumer
Old 01-05-2009, 10:55 PM   #77
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
18. I'm pretty sure OMT (Adam) said there will be new camera angles.

20. That's just ridiculous. Inexcusable.
New angles for replays OR gameplay? I would love new gameplay cameras.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:43 PM   #78
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

JayMo...

I asked him along time ago about Endzone art and he said how difficult it was or something like that. Do you think it made it in?
Old 01-06-2009, 12:03 AM   #79
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
JayMo...

I asked him along time ago about Endzone art and he said how difficult it was or something like that. Do you think it made it in?
I wish I knew the answer to that question. I recall Greg commenting about how the fields were set patterns and it would mean all new fields would have to be created with all of the possible combos or something to that extent.

The optimist in me says endzone art makes it into 2010 because so many people are adamant that it needs to be in the game. However, the fields may not have team specific endzones but rather bowl specific endzones (eg holiday bowl in the endzone rather than say San Diego St.).

What is your gut feeling?
Old 01-06-2009, 12:30 AM   #80
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
I wish I knew the answer to that question. I recall Greg commenting about how the fields were set patterns and it would mean all new fields would have to be created with all of the possible combos or something to that extent.

The optimist in me says endzone art makes it into 2010 because so many people are adamant that it needs to be in the game. However, the fields may not have team specific endzones but rather bowl specific endzones (eg holiday bowl in the endzone rather than say San Diego St.).

What is your gut feeling?

I recall Adam mentioning they are getting new technology. So I would bet endzone art to be a sure thing. As far as bowl patches on jerseys, that is another thing.

Also, as I recall, the same tech could potentially be used to dynamically change the conference logos on the field if you switch conferences.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »