Home

Alright EA guys. It is now January. Time to spill the beans on NCAA 2010 Info.

This is a discussion on Alright EA guys. It is now January. Time to spill the beans on NCAA 2010 Info. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Alright EA guys. It is now January. Time to spill the beans on NCAA 2010 Info.

NCAA 02 was when I got in to the series as well, and the memories are many.

I would play that game EVERY NIGHT at my friends house, me and 2 other friends did a dynasty that went well over 10 years. And I'm proud to say I never lost 1 game in the entire 10+ year run lol. I beat them every single game we played, and I never lost a game against the CPU. Good times lol.

Anyway I have NCAA 09 for the PS2, and it is so, so much better than the PS3/360 version.

The problem is that this "next gen" technology has been used solely for upgrading graphics, and really nothing else is done with it. There are LESS teams in the game, LESS presentation features, and the CPU AI is as bad as it's ever been. It's pathetic, to be honest.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #50
Rookie

kram438's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Alright EA guys. It is now January. Time to spill the beans on NCAA 2010 Info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
Im a Minority here but I love this game. Are my standards low? No not at all in fact i believe the game could be so much better. I will tell you I have soo much fun with this game ... It would be cool if they had different tv presentation styles for big and small games. Give me Line ups. sideline reports. injury updates. Give me injury animations. Coaches on the sideline. FCS schools if not give us a really good CAS with all Logos or a logo uploader.
I'm with you in this "minority" friend I love it, too. I fell in love in 2004 (well, 2003 technically with NCAA Football 2004).

Presentation is HUGE I think. In-game commentary, pre-game and postgame presentation, player and coach animation, it's all part of the complete package. And what happened to the National game of the week? It's not done in the X-Box 360 version.

If there's one thing I would key in on here, though, is DEFINITELY the FCS schools. Again, NCAA Football versions that are 3, 4, and five years old on INFERIOR systems had all of the FCS teams with their true name, logo and city/state. Now we have the FCS West Dragons? Seriously?? C'mon! I want to play against Sacramento State and James Madison!

I suppose this perhaps isn't really the direction of this thread, however -- a wishlist. More-so talking about the new things coming up in the 2010 version. Well... these things could be new I guess. Eh *shrug*, go figure
Old 01-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #51
Rookie

kram438's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
NCAA 02 was when I got in to the series as well, and the memories are many.

Anyway I have NCAA 09 for the PS2, and it is so, so much better than the PS3/360 version.

The problem is that this "next gen" technology has been used solely for upgrading graphics, and really nothing else is done with it. There are LESS teams in the game, LESS presentation features, and the CPU AI is as bad as it's ever been. It's pathetic, to be honest.
It is quite pathetic. My friend owns the PS2 version, and some of the things he tells me about in comparison to my 360 version make me VERY jealous!!

Give us back the small things, man! It's what makes it more enjoyable
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #52
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kram438
It is quite pathetic. My friend owns the PS2 version, and some of the things he tells me about in comparison to my 360 version make me VERY jealous!!

Give us back the small things, man! It's what makes it more enjoyable
I own both and it is true, the PS2 is a dandy game. Yes, it is the little things that makes the game better, not the graphics. The big thing for me is the running motion. The next gen version is so slow and painful looking, the PS2 is just right. However, after playing the old version awhile, you get that same old feeling of "I've played this game before." I don't know if that makes sense, but it would be nice to experience something new and still make you feel like when you are playing the old version.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:54 AM   #53
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
I own both and it is true, the PS2 is a dandy game. Yes, it is the little things that makes the game better, not the graphics. The big thing for me is the running motion. The next gen version is so slow and painful looking, the PS2 is just right. However, after playing the old version awhile, you get that same old feeling of "I've played this game before." I don't know if that makes sense, but it would be nice to experience something new and still make you feel like when you are playing the old version.
Well if they would at least include all the old stuff from the ps2 days, THEN use the next gen to add other stuff, then we'd have that feeling. Instead it's like we're forever playing catch-up with EA. There's no way in the good Lords name I'm buying another system after this. I mean why should I, so I can play games that will more than likely revert even further back, possibly to PS1 days.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #54
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Well said.

Running motion, and animations / speed of the game generally, make up the biggest difference in gameplay. It IS painful and pathetic to watch the slow, lumbering, hunched-over players in "next gen" while the ps2 players whip around with reckless abandon. And DL actually have an impact on the game -- imagine!

In terms of presentation / feature sets, "next gen" lags FAR behind ps2. Dynasty is actually an EXPERIENCE on the ps2. You feel like you've entered a separate environment in the game, and there's that slight RPG feel and easy access to all information that all great dynasty modes have (like NBA 2k9 or the Show). In "next gen," it's same old menus, same old presentation -- you never feel as if dynasty mode is a "mode apart" from the other modes. I think putting the emphasis on a compueresque-photorealism look has actually HURT presentation value in the menus; there's a boring uniformity to ALL "next gen" EA games menu-wise. And one more thing on menus -- anybody else notice how "sticky" they are in EA "next gen"? Glitchy-sticky, if that makes sense? Gemme the ol' pop of NCAA 02 anyday.

And I maintain -- this happens with no other games -- they hurt my eyes and give me a headache.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #55
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Well said.

Running motion, and animations / speed of the game generally, make up the biggest difference in gameplay. It IS painful and pathetic to watch the slow, lumbering, hunched-over players in "next gen" while the ps2 players whip around with reckless abandon. And DL actually have an impact on the game -- imagine!

In terms of presentation / feature sets, "next gen" lags FAR behind ps2. Dynasty is actually an EXPERIENCE on the ps2. You feel like you've entered a separate environment in the game, and there's that slight RPG feel and easy access to all information that all great dynasty modes have (like NBA 2k9 or the Show). In "next gen," it's same old menus, same old presentation -- you never feel as if dynasty mode is a "mode apart" from the other modes. I think putting the emphasis on a compueresque-photorealism look has actually HURT presentation value in the menus; there's a boring uniformity to ALL "next gen" EA games menu-wise. And one more thing on menus -- anybody else notice how "sticky" they are in EA "next gen"? Glitchy-sticky, if that makes sense? Gemme the ol' pop of NCAA 02 anyday.

And I maintain -- this happens with no other games -- they hurt my eyes and give me a headache.
Ridiculous isn't it? I still remember the first time a buddy had me over to take a look at his PS2 and NCAA (2000, 2001 somewhere around there). Remember, up to that point, what it was like playing the PS1 version? Well, when I came in, he was on offense, he ran a triple-option and I almost jumped out of my skin. I was so impressed. I guess when I bought the next gen version I was anticipating the same experience, but I was underwhelmed to the point of tears.

I hear everything you say, but our words fall upon deaf ears.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Ridiculous isn't it? I still remember the first time a buddy had me over to take a look at his PS2 and NCAA (2000, 2001 somewhere around there). Remember, up to that point, what it was like playing the PS1 version? Well, when I came in, he was on offense, he ran a triple-option and I almost jumped out of my skin. I was so impressed. I guess when I bought the next gen version I was anticipating the same experience, but I was underwhelmed to the point of tears.

I hear everything you say, but our words fall upon deaf ears.
i was running trip opt on Bill walsh back in 95. kordell ftw

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »