Home

Alright EA guys. It is now January. Time to spill the beans on NCAA 2010 Info.

This is a discussion on Alright EA guys. It is now January. Time to spill the beans on NCAA 2010 Info. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #65
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Alright EA guys. It is now January. Time to spill the beans on NCAA 2010 Info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
His standard answer is "you guys are in for alot of nice suprises for 2010". I certainly remember that being said on this board as well before 2009 came out. Oh yeah we had a lot of suprises, but they weren't nice. lol
The surprise will be when we figure out that they decided not touch anything from a gameplay standpoint and add a Mascot dynasty mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Alright EA guys. It is now January. Time to spill the beans on NCAA 2010 Info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
The surprise will be when we figure out that they decided not touch anything from a gameplay standpoint and add a Mascot dynasty mode.
Funny stuff right there!!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #67
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Well, we still haven't been given the greenlight to start talking about what is in 2010... but don't worry, there won't be a Mascot Dynasty Mode.

Now Mascot Legend on the other hand.......
No! I'm joking! Stop!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #68
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

well i called to find out when Gamestop was taking reservations for the game and dude said the series was discontinued...i assume that there will be a new title but i really think the guy at the store was stupid...
Old 01-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #69
Rookie

RU_Goo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
I run three twelve team leagues.

After 4 seasons in our 12 man main dynasty these are the things i see as primary issues.

1. Games getting counted twice. We've had several instances of game results and stats getting counted twice for whatever reason.

2. Persuit angles... nothing else needs to be said here.

3. Sliders that have a tangible effect on gameplay.

4. The ability to take an online dynasty offline (as a user, not commish) and then make it online again for scrimmaging with dynasty teams. You CAN do this currently, but your risk the software retiring you from the real dynasty when you retire from the scrimmage dynasty. The software has a hard time differentiating the two and just retires both of them.

5. Too many teams like Syracuse and Boise State running the table get ranked higher than a 11-1 Ohio State or USC teams... BCS formulas seem to be out of whack on strength of schedule weight etc..

there are alot more issues, but these are the majors i see that would improve the online dynasty portion on the game.
I agree with this 100% and I want to add a few more thing to the points you made.

#1- The scores sometimes are flipped with users, I've had to re-air the dynasty a few times because of this.

#2- Along with pursuit angles, the speed is out of control in this game.

#4 -The fact that people cheat by saving the online dynasty offline.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 11

Quote:
#4 -The fact that people cheat by saving the online dynasty offline.
bingo! the Commish should be the only one that can save a file.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #71
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdenz
bingo! the Commish should be the only one that can save a file.
the problem with that is if the commish goes MIA, there would be no way to continue the OD.

that and now the commish has an advantage over everyone, if he decides to save it offline to "cheat"

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2009, 10:10 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I just went over to ncaastrategies, and one of the designers named Greg has a running thread about '10. The guy is nice and is answering everything he can, but it doesnt look to good based on what I am reading. Much of it sounds like, "great idea, I'll pass it along and see what happens" Not saying it's his fault, but just that it doesnt sound too promising.

His standard answer is "you guys are in for alot of nice suprises for 2010". I certainly remember that being said on this board as well before 2009 came out. Oh yeah we had a lot of suprises, but they weren't nice. lol
Sorry my bad... I meant to say NCAA STRATEGIES, not OP sports. Yeah, Greg has been very kind in answering the best he can. He is pretty honest though with certain features and if you put the words in such a way he will sort of hint at a yes or no for 2010.

I get the feeling that CAS may be back (perhaps as a paid download?) but that FCS is a no go... SAD considering it is one of the top issues mentioned. If you read between the lines you also seem to see:
1. Improved OL/DL interaction
2. Continued development of atmosphere
3. Some specific team intros
4. Some more alternate uniforms
5. More stadiums... though still not ALL
6. Formation subs (Madden play screen?)
7. Less QB accuracy / more cpu running game
8. More mascots
9. A new playcall screen
10. More fight songs
11. Accelerated clock
12. Post game celebration

What I don't think will make it: (based on Greg's answers)
1. FCS
2. Editable playbooks
3. Uniform editor
4. Better pursuit angles
5. Create a play
6. Coaches on the field
7. Refs on the field
8. Detailed equipment options
9. IN-game saves
10. QB auto throw
11. CPU mass subs / pulling a struggling starter
12. Chant creator
13. Player lock
14. Discipline mode
15. Bands in the stands
16. Historic teams
17. Scrimmage mode for online dynasty
18. New camera angles
19. More coaching options
20. CPU recruiting depth chart glitch

Greg has said that the team HAS FIVE MAJOR GOALS THIS YEAR though it's not a guarantee that they will make it. My question is what is major and what is minor? (remember Madden this year!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »