Home

I was counting....

This is a discussion on I was counting.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
I was counting....

and I think I saw a total of 0 defensive linemen from BOTH teams in the National Championship get knocked head over heels by Offensive linemen on pass protection.

I was stunned. After playing NCAA 2009 I thought that perhaps OU and UF's O lines were soft since I didn't see OU and UF's front four get choke slammed to the ground as soon as the ball was hiked.

I think perhaps a phone call to the NCAA to alert them to this anomaly would be a wise thing as it is "in the game".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: I was counting....

Old 01-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

dead horse meet fist
Old 01-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

Wait so your telling me my copy of NCAA09 really is college football? I thought the disk was WWE Survivor Series just labeled wrong with all the 4 vs 4 body slams and chokeslams.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Why does OMT not comment on this stuff. He disappeared
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Whats he really going to say? That the programming/coding sucks in alot of areas or that most here are wrong? Its a no win for him.

What i don't understand is how the gameplay has actually regressed in some ways. Maybe its my faulty memory but didn't the CPU actually throw deep in the past? Weren't some of the passes actually off target? and the DL line actually useful?

I started playing APF again this past week. For all of its faults, the core gameplay is pretty solid. I just don't understand how APF can have a real pocket, legit incompletions, more sliders and so on and College football cannot.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
At this point of the development I am sure coming here is not Adam's best use of time. It is too late to start incorporating any new stuff or changes.

I would rather the EA guys spend a few extra hours working on making NCAA 2010 great than spend them chatting with us.

I am sure once the beta is out to the top community members, there will be some more interaction.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Whats he really going to say? That the programming/coding sucks in alot of areas or that most here are wrong? Its a no win for him.

What i don't understand is how the gameplay has actually regressed in some ways. Maybe its my faulty memory but didn't the CPU actually throw deep in the past? Weren't some of the passes actually off target? and the DL line actually useful?

I started playing APF again this past week. For all of its faults, the core gameplay is pretty solid. I just don't understand how APF can have a real pocket, legit incompletions, more sliders and so on and College football cannot.
No, your memory is fine. As is mine when I remember the QB actually RUNNING the option as opposed to whatever the heck it does on '09. It's like it just tiptoes around, instead actually making up its mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »