Home

Using WRs as TEs

This is a discussion on Using WRs as TEs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #17
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Using WRs as TEs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Its Cheese all the way. Even with the hardest of sliders you can put up 2000+ yards with a converted WR to TE. There aren't any LB's in the game that can run with them. It was outlawed in our league.
not all the time. i switch my slower wr's over, ones with about 86 or 87 speed, they get open but they arent big play threats
Old 01-18-2009, 01:49 PM   #18
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

use a 90 speed rule. you can move a guy to te if his speed isnt 90 or over. 89 speed is about as high as i see in speed from true te's.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #19
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
use a 90 speed rule. you can move a guy to te if his speed isnt 90 or over. 89 speed is about as high as i see in speed from true te's.
Thats what I go by, I try to be realistic so when I move a WR to TE he has to be tall and he cant be extremely fast.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #20
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

some guys have size rules to but i think that if the speed isnt over 89 then its cool since the guy will probably not be strong or block to well.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
some guys have size rules to but i think that if the speed isnt over 89 then its cool since the guy will probably not be strong or block to well.
Problem is, block ratings don't mean too much, you could put a punter in there and the blocking would be about the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 01:13 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 24

I don't do it, and people who do it know it's cheese. Putting fast ATH there also is cheese IMO.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #23
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I put a TE with 86 speed there, and he's played very well, but it's not unreal. I only put him there because I was going to have to take two walkons at the position, and my starter was going to be 64 overall.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #24
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Problem is, block ratings don't mean too much, you could put a punter in there and the blocking would be about the same.
you think that? i dont know man. i was under the same impression untill the last two seasons. we dont get much love on our lines until late. im the only one that has had guys doing great and im a running team so that might have to do with it. i had two all acc guys and my best was a 94 my first two years. my guys are playing now and i had 3 first team all americans (two guards and C) and both tackles were all acc. the three aa's went pro early. this season i have the the best olineman in a center and my sophmore tackle and fresh tackle and fresh guard will be aa's this season. the only guy i didnt recruit was my other guard and he's a senior (89 overall) and he will be all acc. in the passing game i dont see much diffrence but running is another story.

as far as te's go you have to have a good blocking one. i won a nc with nc state in the tradition III running behind the good blocking tes. the freshmen they start with is the best blocking te in the game to start and he had 17 pancakes and no sacks. i never see anyone using tes to block in passing anyway but they do make a diffrence in running especially when running in shotgun.

i could be wrong but i have a good running game and now that i know your linemen need to be over 60 speed and have 90+ strength and im money in the run game. i recruit mostly 3 stars and let them develop. i also use guards at center and they need to be fast. tackles can be slower since they rarely go to the second level. the guards and center need to get to the next level as do the te's.

i do 100% agree with the passing game and not seeing much diffrence with anyone. also most of the guys pass alot and mostly have 4 or 5 pancakes and like 8 sacks a year. this makes me believe that my 15 to 20 pancakes a player a season are coming from run plays. also bigger is better for passing. i had a center and two guards last year and the smallest one was 6 foot 4 and 330. the biggest was 6 foot 8 360. i didnt see a blitz get through up the middle all year. lol, what a log jam those guys were. it could be that no one sees blitzs up the middle with the lame pass rush.

you should check out ncaa stratagies also as i have found about 10 blitzs that work automatic for getting pressure. mostly coming from s's. pretty cool. they have videos and chalkboard with all the audibles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »