Home

Using WRs as TEs

This is a discussion on Using WRs as TEs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Using WRs as TEs

We all know the difficulty of trying to recruit tight ends, and I've been recently just switching any of the 9 WRs I recruit (seemingly) every year, to a TE. Even though, rating wise, it seems as if they'd be little pansies on the O-line, their blocking is decent, and they are killer in flat routes against LBs. I have a former 4-star TE now, who is about an 85 overall, with 82 speed, but I'm finding myself giddy when I go double TE and my former WR with 93 speed is an option.

Maybe this is an old theme, but I"m curious what you guys think of this and if you do this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Using WRs as TEs

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles_acc
We all know the difficulty of trying to recruit tight ends, and I've been recently just switching any of the 9 WRs I recruit (seemingly) every year, to a TE. Even though, rating wise, it seems as if they'd be little pansies on the O-line, their blocking is decent, and they are killer in flat routes against LBs. I have a former 4-star TE now, who is about an 85 overall, with 82 speed, but I'm finding myself giddy when I go double TE and my former WR with 93 speed is an option.

Maybe this is an old theme, but I"m curious what you guys think of this and if you do this.
Its Cheese all the way. Even with the hardest of sliders you can put up 2000+ yards with a converted WR to TE. There aren't any LB's in the game that can run with them. It was outlawed in our league.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #3
Rookie

As it is, I'm lactose intolerant, so I suppose I should stop doing this. Haha.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

OVR: 18

I am in a OD and use LSU I was pretty loaded at WR and landed a kid and moved him to TE his rating is a 68 he's 6'5" 215 lbs as a freshman, I red-shirted him hoping he gains some weight, he has 88 speed which is to slow to play in my offense at wr so he was a perfect fit at TE hope he's a gem..
Old 01-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

I recruited a 6'4" 245 lb WR with 86 speed that I moved to TE. But he is really the only guy that I remember doing that with. I don't see it being much wrong with it as long as they can logically play TE. But if you move a WR who is 5'11" 185 with 95 speed at TE just for mismatches, then I say it's cheese (especially on this game).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 15

It's definitely cheese. You can put up unheard of numbers with a WR converted to TE. Speed kills in this game, and the speed advantage that wide receivers have over most tight ends is ridiculous.

MLB: Detroit Tigers
NCAAFB: Michigan Wolverines
NFL: New York Giants/Detroit Lions
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA: Detroit Pistons
NCAABB: Oakland University Golden Grizzlies

Old 01-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #7
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Only time i move WRs to TEs is in my offline dynasty. And I only take WRs with the right weight (245+) and nothing higher than 85 speed. Maybe cheese but I wouldnt do it in and OL dynasty...

Old 01-15-2009, 02:39 PM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

only time i move a WR to TE is when the player is over 200+ Lbs(depends on height, if he is 6'5" he'll need to be bigger, etc...), and speed slower than 88(fastest actual TE i have ever recruited). but I've only switched 2 WR to TEs before, and that was only because I couldn't get a TE to sign.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »