Home

Get your name in the game!

This is a discussion on Get your name in the game! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2009, 12:24 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: Get your name in the game!

the ncaa is ridiculous. i wish that the major pro-sports leagues would start minor league systems that would end this monopoly on amateur sports. these schools make so much money off of these players and now they can't here there names in video games? this is why 2k's college hoops series is dead. college hoops 2k8 was one of the greatest video games i've ever played and it's dead because the ncaa wanted a bigger piece of the pie. these blood suckers make enough money off of the players,

Cost in tuition for 85 ohio state university athletes:
$1,839,825

Projected payout from playing in fiesta bowl:
$17.5 million

i'm sure there is more money for traveling and partial scholarships and other costs, but that doesn't make up the 15+million dollar difference (and i didn't include merchandise sales or TV time during the regular season, donations from boosters other licensing rights, hell i wouldn't be surprised if the school got some sort of tax write off for the scholarships too.)

the ncaa collects its cut like the freaking mob and bullies anyone else that tries to profit. makes me crazy just writing about it

Last edited by Chessboxer1; 01-18-2009 at 05:01 AM. Reason: spelling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2009, 01:34 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 2

Would be good if I wasn't only 15. Whats prevents you from putting in the name of a person of any age if they willingly submitted it, by the way?
Old 01-18-2009, 03:19 AM   #43
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by machchunk
Would be good if I wasn't only 15. Whats prevents you from putting in the name of a person of any age if they willingly submitted it, by the way?
Its called lying, you should try it. Its not like anyone will track you down if you're not.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:35 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Its called lying, you should try it. Its not like anyone will track you down if you're not.
You have to do this with a Sports World account though, which requires you input your birth date. I put it in before I knew the name thing was 18+, and they would just reject the form if I changed it and submitted it now.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:00 AM   #45
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by machchunk
You have to do this with a Sports World account though, which requires you input your birth date. I put it in before I knew the name thing was 18+, and they would just reject the form if I changed it and submitted it now.
You sure? I submitted mine and I'm pretty sure I didn't lie about my age.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #46
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I'm assuming you don't have any kids...
Old 01-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #47
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

the NCAA is getting stupid. As much as I want to bash this, I see this as EA trying to help. At least they will have some sort of record for reaching out to people and maybe to the NCAA's surprise, some other person in this world of 6 billion people "has" the last name of Tebow.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #48
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

I submitted my very ethnic last name (that's only been heard in a PES series game). If it makes it in, mark out city.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »