Home

Create a School

This is a discussion on Create a School within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2009, 02:29 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Create a School

I thought i was the only one that loved CAS. I alwyas loved creating my high school team with the same players that I played with in high school and slowly work it up to a national power. I agree that Ea needs to put this mode back
Old 02-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #58
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d
I was a big fan of CAS. I rolled with my Alaska Eskimos for a few seasons, talk about tough recruiting! I also liked having FCS schools in the game as for some strange reason I like the Montana Grizzlies, also a tough school to recruit with(in the game anyway).

If CAS happens to make it into 2010 I know what the Night Owl OD will be doing. We will all start with our CAS full of walk on players. Now that would be awesome!
It's been too long since the Marauders stepped onto a football field.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #59
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d
I was a big fan of CAS. I rolled with my Alaska Eskimos for a few seasons, talk about tough recruiting! I also liked having FCS schools in the game as for some strange reason I like the Montana Grizzlies, also a tough school to recruit with(in the game anyway).

If CAS happens to make it into 2010 I know what the Night Owl OD will be doing. We will all start with our CAS full of walk on players. Now that would be awesome!
I usually make a school thats in Alaska as well. used many different nickname, but normally stick with either Eskimos or Huskies. sometimes I make another school in Hawai'i as well.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:37 PM   #60
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I usually make a school thats in Alaska as well. used many different nickname, but normally stick with either Eskimos or Huskies. sometimes I make another school in Hawai'i as well.
yeah I used to make one or some times two Alaska schools. And usually made another Hawai'i school. Gosh I miss CAS.

Heres another question towards if we got CAS back.... Would we be able to create more then 12 teams? I always wanted to make more on last gen. I even went as far as using two memory cards so I could make more then 12 teams. I would hope that if CAS comes back that the limit of teams we could create go up. Not sure by how many but def think there needs to be more then 12.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 37

CAS is only useful if a newly created team does NOT replace an existing team. We should be able to create multiple teams and create new conferences.... hey it's NEXT GEN so now it's time to prove it!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2009, 08:12 PM   #62
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
CAS is only useful if a newly created team does NOT replace an existing team. We should be able to create multiple teams and create new conferences.... hey it's NEXT GEN so now it's time to prove it!!!!!
I'm pretty sure the only reason you had to replace a team, was because of the scheduling. the first season uses real life schedules, so if you just added a team to FBS to make it 121 teams, who would you play? FCS southwest for 12 games?

if they had an option to use real schedules or just a randomly generated one, then its possible.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 29

It's more than usefull either way. Of course it's way better if you don't have to replace an existing team, but there are so many FBS schools that i don't care about that it doesn't really matter. The bottom line is that this feature should be standard by now. I actually liked Maddens CAT the only drawback to me was the limited options for logos/uniforms, but the rest was pretty cool I made two teams that I liked alot the Miami Sharks (from Any Given Sunday) and the Arksansas Rednecks they both looked great to me. I don't know how to start a thread with poll, but I'd like one that asks if people would rather see CAS implented only if it's truly NG or not. Of course like most others here I'd love it to be as in depth as possible, but if that can't happen just port over either Madden's or last gen. The latter may not be ideal, but it would at least keep me happy enough until we get the NG version.

To people hating on this feature here's a few questions. Do you realize how many schools in this country play football outside of the FBS? Do you also realize how many diehard fans like me went to schools that don't even have football programs? Why do you feel that either of these groups should be left out of the experience?

Last edited by moylan1234; 02-22-2009 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:58 PM   #64
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I'm pretty sure the only reason you had to replace a team, was because of the scheduling. the first season uses real life schedules, so if you just added a team to FBS to make it 121 teams, who would you play? FCS southwest for 12 games?

if they had an option to use real schedules or just a randomly generated one, then its possible.
Well if you add an entire custom conference full of created schools, eight of the 12 games would be against each other leaving four to be played against the generic FCS teams or (even better) against another custom conference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »