Home

How do YOU stop florida?

This is a discussion on How do YOU stop florida? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2009, 12:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
How do YOU stop florida?

Im playing a guy who uses florida in my OD and could use any help i can get. we are in our second year, so he doesnt have harvin or tebow or spikes. he does use rainey and demps a lot though.

i use oregon. a pretty mediocre D with some speed.

any specific things i should know? how have you stopped them and their playbook in the past?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: How do YOU stop florida?

Playbook is easy to stop. It's the speed that Florida has that's a pain.

Put the game in Heisman mode and it'll deflate that speed impact greatly.

Barring that, run 3-3-5 and zone cover 2. Mix it up some, blitz the corners when you think he'll run an option or if he likes to do the QB to the sideline deal.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:08 AM   #3
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

You won't stop them unless you play someone who doesn't know how to use them. I have beat people with Florida in OD's using Georgia more than once. How does he use Rainey and Demps does he pass a lot in the flats does he run the ball a lot what's his gameplay style?

Chances are you won't win playing Florida using a weak Oregon team. Do you have enough talent on your team to score with him? Do you want to try to control the clock more than normal with your run game? You have played him before what do you think is the best way to attack him by running or passing. What are you best at?

Last edited by InspectahDeck; 01-26-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:50 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Im a pretty good player, if i do say so. Mostly i run the ball with Blount and throw with Masoli to catch teams off guard. i can score in the 30s against most anyone. my problem is stopping him. i dont thin my LBs are fast enough to get to Newton on the blitz, so i mostly only rush 3. this leaves him all day to find and open target down field.

he throws to rainey and demps out of the backfield mostly. i can stop the run pretty effectively. and he doesnt run option much.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

you can't....just be very good on offense and try and sneak a pick in there...because you won't get to the QB and the speed will destroy you...if he lines up 5 WR's you are really cooked cause it forces you to go to man and that against the gaytes speed is killer....

Bring your CB off the corner for a blitz but not CB blitz where it brings both...try using some spys...I mean it's real tough. ...And if he comes out in gator heavy if you think run BLITZ ALL LB'S....if you think pass use cover 3 and control the safety....best thing you can do really...I hate playing UF, but everyone uses them...:-/
but beating them is awesome...2 yr olds can win with UF though...sometimes you don't even need to cheeze but ppl do anyways!

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

if he is passing on you do what i do against every pass happy player. Quarters Cover four. pinch the line show blitz. jump snap (on the RTS for pass coverage) and control the DT or DE faced with his weakest OL. get pressure on him and they should throw a pick. watch RBs to the flats though and be careful if the QB gets a bunch of time back there because things will eventually open up for him... and if the QB rolls out take one of the DBs that is just standing there and blitz him. I usually have great success against the user pass.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

simple way to stop them, do not play them. they are nothing but pure cheese.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

its easy...big hit tebow and percy harvin till one of them gets injured. half the time they quit, and the other half they will just start running the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »