Home

QB Choice and Zone Read

This is a discussion on QB Choice and Zone Read within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: QB Choice and Zone Read

Thanks, good thread.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmanj
IRL, those plays are pretty simple reads. The QB reads the defensive end he is facing (or opposite the direction he is handing off to). If the DE keeps outside contain, he hands the ball off to his HB. If the DE crashes down to stop the inside handoff, the QB keeps it a breaks to the outside. Thats the basics of it. I could break down the full read a QB goes through but it would be an essay.
if the qb makes the read in less then a second how can you write a huge essay on it???

you explained it good.

they need to fix it in the game though...... every qb is too slow in the game to run it with the exception of pat w.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan
if the qb makes the read in less then a second how can you write a huge essay on it???

you explained it good.

they need to fix it in the game though...... every qb is too slow in the game to run it with the exception of pat w.

Yeah, I agree that that poster explained it well.

My team runs the hell out of it...some games we really do hand it off every time. But most games we don't and it's not because of changing defensive alignment; the DE shows different things every time.
That's not something, AFAIK, that can happen with the current gen.

Ridiculously fast-reacting and recovering ends is a big problem.

Sometimes when you run a regular under-center option and give to the FB, a DE who runs 4 yards upfield will somehow recover and make the tackle, keeping the back from going for more than 2 yards.

WTF?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #12
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

This is a play that I never call. The reason is because the OL interaction with the DL is so poor. No OL blocks they way they should in the game. It makes me want to throw up.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:12 PM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Sometimes plays work and sometime they don't simple as that.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:24 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
This is a play that I never call. The reason is because the OL interaction with the DL is so poor. No OL blocks they way they should in the game. It makes me want to throw up.
i think this year with the whole new OL interaction we should see an improvment... yes they got the blovking schemes wrong for the option again, but hopefully its not too bad.

i run this play a ton in the game..... on last gen it works great cause the qbs are all good, and if you give and give and then you see no one on the far side and keep it with the qb and it works great with whatever qb you have.

i just hope that it works good this year cause of the procedural awareness........ if they cant see you they cant stop you sort of thing....

that's why the spread should work great this year cause its based of misdirection plays and plays where you sort of trick their eyes..... and if procedral awareness lives up to its name then it should be awesome.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:48 PM   #15
Rookie

miamicanes504's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltan

i just hope that it works good this year cause of the procedural awareness........ if they cant see you they cant stop you sort of thing....

that's why the spread should work great this year cause its based of misdirection plays and plays where you sort of trick their eyes..... and if procedral awareness lives up to its name then it should be awesome.
I think procedural awareness doesn't actually affect gameplay itself. By that I mean, if you have a receiver running a fade 1 on 1, instead of jumping 10 feet in the air to swat the pass, he'll just look at the ball while jumping 10 feet in the air to swat the pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2009, 11:13 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamicanes504
I think procedural awareness doesn't actually affect gameplay itself. By that I mean, if you have a receiver running a fade 1 on 1, instead of jumping 10 feet in the air to swat the pass, he'll just look at the ball while jumping 10 feet in the air to swat the pass.
they said that it affects gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »