Home

OMT could I have a straight forward answer

This is a discussion on OMT could I have a straight forward answer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #25
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: OMT could I have a straight forward answer

He said, and I quote, "We have a finite amount time to develop a video game."

Removing a feature DOES NOT give them more time to develop the game, in fact it would give them less time as they would likely need to remove all links and references to the removed feature.

We have Campus Legend and Online Dynasty... deal with it. Instead of asking them to waste time removing features, why not suggest improvements to these modes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 12

You can never please everyone, and I think we can all agree to that.

What I wish EA would do is to implement a poll asking fans of the games what they would like to see improved the most.

Dont just stop at asking though, but actually follow through with it.

They could even have a poll built into the game itself and you could vote through LIVE or PSN or whatever. This way the majority of users have the ability to vote and not just the casual crowd or the hardcore / sim crowd.

I would much rather have EA dedicating time to the issues that are important to the very people that keep them in business, as opposed to wasting time on gimmick after gimmick each year that usually breaks the realism of the game , one way or another.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I've answered this plenty of times. We have a finite amount time to develop a video game. We cannot do everything we want every year. The first 3 years of Gen 3 NCAA Football these features were cut in favor of other features. These two in particular are very large undertakings and would have led to features we like better being cut (like Campus Legend or Video Highlight saving and uploading on 08, Online Dynasty on 09).
I hear what you are saying..unfortunately I do not agree with this decision making.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 1

Ea puts no player names, updated ratings, and there are a lot of glitches and the ai is pretty stupid. It seems like you would have enough time to add fcs teams since a lot of important things are neglected and u don't seem to test the game before it comes out. U basically have done a roster update these last 3 years. And campus legend sucks anyway, bring back race for the heisman
Old 02-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #29
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Despite the arguement, What gets on my nerves the most is the fact they do very minimal feedback with us...I know they have these community days and what not...It's just I would rather see them actually get involved and just consider, what we have to say...Like I have said before, the game could be total **** next year, I'll still buy it..and that is..to me..what their mentality is, no matter what they are gunna make a profit...

I know that there goals are to make a "winner" every year, but they all know their not like the auto industry right now, they will make a profit on this game no matter what.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #30
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petocrew
OMT has already explained how this works. Many of you say, "Why don't you remove features like Mascot modes, etc?"

The answer is simple. These features are already in the game's build. If EA removed these features, it would cost resources. It's not an "either-or" dilemma.

Their main priority last season was Online Dynasty. OD was the only reason me and several friends purchased this game. I feel it's the best feature ever implemented in a sports video game.

FCS and Create-a-School are nice bonus features more for the diehard sports fan, but wouldn't compel the casual college football sports fan like myself to purchase a game. OD acheived this.

Actually, I haven't and won't be buying any sports game if it doesn't have this capability.

I'd rather see other features implemented that FCS and CAS. I'd like to see a real scrimmage mode, instead of current Practice mode. I'd also like to see an option for a college playoffs, although I don't know if NCAA would allow it.
It's all speculation really, online dynasty was a huge feature... for diehards. For all this talk about how it appealed to the casual gamer, I'm not seeing any numbers to back it up. The people who love OD and think it was one of the few redeeming qualities of the game are all on this board or other boards geared toward the game (read: diehards). If you go to a site like Gamespot and read some of the reviews of the people who gave NCAA 9s and 10s ratings, maybe 1/5 of those reviews will mention OD as being a big deal.

Don't believe the hype, OD did NOT make this game mainstream. You won't see EA execs bragging about NCAA the way they do Fifa on the 10-K statements. OD is a "bonus feature" just the same as CAS/FCS, just with a greater appeal among the diehards, NOT casual fans. But that doesn't discount the demand for CAS/FCS, hence this thread and tons more like it on the various boards.

OD did exactly what it should have done, it gave the diehard audience a feature they've been wanting; for that EA should be commended. Now EA needs to do it again and give another portion of the diehard audience what they want; CAS and FCS.

Last edited by prowler; 02-04-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #31
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
Despite the arguement, What gets on my nerves the most is the fact they do very minimal feedback with us...I know they have these community days and what not...It's just I would rather see them actually get involved and just consider, what we have to say...Like I have said before, the game could be total **** next year, I'll still buy it..and that is..to me..what their mentality is, no matter what they are gunna make a profit...

I know that there goals are to make a "winner" every year, but they all know their not like the auto industry right now, they will make a profit on this game no matter what.
NCAA 10 was the first time we made a game while interacting with the online community. Why don't you wait for the details of the game to be announced before you make this assumption. There are several things we did this year BECAUSE of community feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #32
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
It's all speculation really, online dynasty was a huge feature... for diehards. For all this talk about how it appealed to the casual gamer, I'm not seeing any numbers to back it up. The people who love OD and think it was one of the few redeeming qualities of the game are all on this board or other boards geared toward the game (read: diehards). If you go to a site like Gamespot and read some of the reviews of the people who gave NCAA 9s and 10s ratings, maybe 1/5 of those reviews will mention OD as being a big deal.

Don't believe the hype, OD did NOT make this game mainstream. You won't see EA execs bragging about NCAA the way they do Fifa on the 10-K statements. OD is a "bonus feature" just the same as CAS/FCS, just with a greater appeal among the diehards, NOT casual fans. But that doesn't discount the demand for CAS/FCS, hence this thread and tons more like it on the various boards.

OD did exactly what it should have done, it gave the diehard audience a feature they've been wanting; for that EA should be commended. Now EA needs to do it again and give another portion of the diehard audience what they want; CAS and FCS.
You are exactly right. Our goal last year was "Capture the Core," and we developed online dynasty as a feature for the hardcore gamers. It was a HUGE undertaking and we knew that we would have to sacrafice a lot of other stuff we wanted to do the year we did OD. We thought about it on 08 but didn't pull the trigger. On 09 we bit the bullet and got that feature in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »