Home

OMT could I have a straight forward answer

This is a discussion on OMT could I have a straight forward answer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2009, 05:04 PM   #41
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: OMT could I have a straight forward answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow

We have Campus Legend and Online Dynasty... deal with it. Instead of asking them to waste time removing features, why not suggest improvements to these modes?
Because I don't touch either of those modes anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I've answered this plenty of times. We have a finite amount time to develop a video game. We cannot do everything we want every year. The first 3 years of Gen 3 NCAA Football these features were cut in favor of other features. These two in particular are very large undertakings and would have led to features we like better being cut (like Campus Legend or Video Highlight saving and uploading on 08, Online Dynasty on 09).
hire more people? Help the jobless and help the fans :P
Old 02-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 16

This game needs the FCS and CAS features back in it. Adam, the community does not want the Campus Legend feature or the mini game features, so why not get rid of them for, at least the 2011, version? The NCAA football franchise needs FCS and CAS back, as well as having an AD mode. If you track how many times a feature is used, I guarantee that the numbers will EXTREMELY low for the Campus Legend, and the mini game features.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #44
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
You are exactly right. Our goal last year was "Capture the Core," and we developed online dynasty as a feature for the hardcore gamers. It was a HUGE undertaking and we knew that we would have to sacrafice a lot of other stuff we wanted to do the year we did OD. We thought about it on 08 but didn't pull the trigger. On 09 we bit the bullet and got that feature in.

I personally don't like sacrificing a whole game year just to implement online dynasty.
Some of us are old school gamers and just like to play against the CPU, or the occasional head-to-head online matchup, or just run a regular off-line dynasty.

I don't mind OD being in there, BUT not to the dtriment of making the game filled with bugs and lackluster gameplay. It ended up costing us(the gamers) more in the end by getting a sub par game on most other fronts.

I truly hope all the time that went into OD, is now going into AI. I dont even like Madden, but I hear they are getting the Head Coach guys working on their franchise to make it better. NCAA needs something similar.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:16 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think the community rage is misplaced right now...OMT has stayed in contact with us...so lets get off his back....i think we are all frustrated that stuff that was on last gen hasnt been in this generation of systems we get it OMT gets it lets drop it....the gameplay in NCAA arguments aside was pretty good i think we can all agree is getting there if the OL/DL interactions get VERY improved and if NCAA has the head tracking that Madden has we should be in good shape...i think too much of the time we focus on what we dont have rather than what we do....they added OD!!! Who would have expected that??? Granted it was buggy to all hell and was never patched (shame on you guys at EA)...Lets forget the features....we are all saying we hate campus legend we hate mascot games...those are features...so lets focus on gameplay, presentation, and OD....then work on the features bcuz we have established we dont care about them right?...I think most of us we just be happy with the OD being freaking bug free...And dont get me wrong EA has its shortcomings in my book to the rancid NCAA 2007 for 360 that i returned in 2 days to the curse words I let out everytime a junior kicker goes pro in my OD. Lets continue to get our ideas out like the knowledgable community we are....we dont know whats in the new NCAA...but i do remember OMT saying trust him they have some great stuff planned. Do you think OMT is going to say that if they have some stupid *** Mascot Challenge or something....he knows what we are looking for and maybe we will get it. I hate the fact that we have this no spill the beans policy...I mean as much as we talk we will get this game no matter what...we love college football and its the only show in town...they added a boatload in 2009 and hopefully this game stops being Madden jr in EA's eyes. Our voice was loud this year and hopefully OMT stepped to the plate for us with them suits lol.

Last edited by bluprintkok; 02-04-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 08:37 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I've answered this plenty of times. We have a finite amount time to develop a video game. We cannot do everything we want every year. The first 3 years of Gen 3 NCAA Football these features were cut in favor of other features. These two in particular are very large undertakings and would have led to features we like better being cut (like Campus Legend or Video Highlight saving and uploading on 08, Online Dynasty on 09).
Well, as you say OMT this is the first year you have listened to community feedback. So if that is the case and community feedback is a top priority for EA sports then I will be creating a school and playing real FCS teams in 2010 right? Hmmm... I look forward to this announcement...
Old 02-04-2009, 08:47 PM   #47
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluprintkok
I think the community rage is misplaced right now...OMT has stayed in contact with us...so lets get off his back....i think we are all frustrated that stuff that was on last gen hasnt been in this generation of systems we get it OMT gets it lets drop it....the gameplay in NCAA arguments aside was pretty good i think we can all agree is getting there if the OL/DL interactions get VERY improved and if NCAA has the head tracking that Madden has we should be in good shape...i think too much of the time we focus on what we dont have rather than what we do....they added OD!!! Who would have expected that??? Granted it was buggy to all hell and was never patched (shame on you guys at EA)...Lets forget the features....we are all saying we hate campus legend we hate mascot games...those are features...so lets focus on gameplay, presentation, and OD....then work on the features bcuz we have established we dont care about them right?...I think most of us we just be happy with the OD being freaking bug free...And dont get me wrong EA has its shortcomings in my book to the rancid NCAA 2007 for 360 that i returned in 2 days to the curse words I let out everytime a junior kicker goes pro in my OD. Lets continue to get our ideas out like the knowledgable community we are....we dont know whats in the new NCAA...but i do remember OMT saying trust him they have some great stuff planned. Do you think OMT is going to say that if they have some stupid *** Mascot Challenge or something....he knows what we are looking for and maybe we will get it. I hate the fact that we have this no spill the beans policy...I mean as much as we talk we will get this game no matter what...we love college football and its the only show in town...they added a boatload in 2009 and hopefully this game stops being Madden jr in EA's eyes. Our voice was loud this year and hopefully OMT stepped to the plate for us with them suits lol.
Speak for yourself when you say, "we will all be getting this game no matter what" I've avoided this game before, and at this point, when paying $60 bucks for something thats not as good as the previous gen, filled with bugs that require us to wait a month for a patch that still didnt do much, it's not hard for me to do so again.

You can keep giving EA your own money for a half-hearted product, and they'll keep cranking it out to ya year after year I'm sure, until its time to switch platforms....again.

IMO, EA better start stepping up to the plate real soon, because there will be alot of people that draw the line at PS3/360 in regards to buying the next wave of systems in a couple years. With the lackluster efforts put forth on next-gen, I have zero reason to invest in another system that does not advance.

Last edited by stoncold32; 02-04-2009 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thank you OMT. This is very smart of EAS to, like so many other companies, especially tech/digital ones, to extend a hand out to its core users.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »