Home

If NCAA and Head Coach Mated: The Possibilities

This is a discussion on If NCAA and Head Coach Mated: The Possibilities within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
If NCAA and Head Coach Mated: The Possibilities

If you hang around hardcore sports gamers long enough, the topic of conversation inevitably seems to lead to some kind of "what if" scenario. I am sure many of you have thought about combining the franchise mode of one game with the stellar graphics and on-field game play of another plenty of times. And that near-perfect complete game is just what could happen if EA ever combined its NCAA Football series with its Head Coach franchise.

If you think NFL coaches have complete control of their teams, then you need to see what the college game could offer to Head Coach fans. For starters, the recruiting alone could be a whole game to many. What is offered regularly in the NCAA series could be expanded tenfold.

Read More - If NCAA and Head Coach Mated: The Possibilities
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2009, 11:30 PM   #2
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Yes plz k thx
Old 02-04-2009, 01:27 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
I would actually love the dynasty mode in NCAA to be this, and that's probably the only way such a rich set of features would ever be developed (for a college game). NCAA is ancillary to Madden, as was Head Coach. To do the Head Coach thing with NCAA would be even a greater remove from marketability.

But you're right, NCAA offers a deeper well of potential regarding the head coach context than does Madden.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
This would be great, but NCAA needs tons of gameplay fixes first. Can you imagine this in an online dynasty though. Wow that would be sick.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I love the idea of seeing deeped Franchise mode features in sports games. I feel the MLB series has the best mode going right now and EA has been slow to implement some of the features like pricing in Madden and disapline in NCAA that really helped to complete the experience for fans of Owner mode style games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
Rookie

ennepetal's Arena

OVR: 13
Personally, I'd prefer it to be in a separate game. If I bother to fire up the console, I have enough time to play a game. I've found the recruiting tasks to be pretty tedious and unrewarding for the most part. I agree that the college game has more to offer in the off-the-field activities, but I like the idea that it's kept to a minimum currently so I can get back to playing football.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 39
Re: If NCAA and Head Coach Mated: The Possibilities

I think these types of games should be incorporated with current game models. Head Coach was a good idea and should have been incorporated into madden from the get go. That is the same way I feel about this proposition.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: If NCAA and Head Coach Mated: The Possibilities

it would probably not be that great of a playbook editor... remember how hyped up head coachs was??????? anywas that is a great "dream game" but i doubt it.........

until they make a scratch playbook editor..... with sort of a microsoft paint way to create the plays and implement motions.....

then my guess is its not gonna be that great.......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »