Home

Fixed BCS Rankings in 2010

This is a discussion on Fixed BCS Rankings in 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2009, 01:56 AM   #9
Rookie

justmanj's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Fixed BCS Rankings in 2010

If a WAC team is to ever play in a BCS title game it will be Fresno State. Fresno State plays more BCS schools than anyone that plays in a non BCS conference. Plus if Boise State is still up there as far as talent, they will get props for winning that game as well. The Broncos need to learn from conference mates Bulldogs if they wanna see the BCS national title game.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:15 AM   #10
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodawg03
I'm sorry but until Boise St. changes conferences and plays more than 1 or 2 (including their bowl game) ranked BCS conference opponents in a season they have no business in a championship game.

Outside of beating Oklahoma (with a QB that started the year at WR) in the Fiesta Bowl what have they really done other than own a very weak conference? How did that game vs. Georgia go for them? How about when they played a 4 win Husky team in Seattle when they were ranked?

They beat Oregon this year, but Oregon also was in the middle of going through a ton of QBs (played 3 in that game) and once they settled on their current starter they were a very very tough offense to stop (and would have ran up the score on BSU). And that is coming from a UW fan that has a very tough time saying anything complementary about the ducks.
I think alot of this seems to be forgotten by pro-non bcs conference guys. Boise has a losing record (4-5) during this awesome 5 year span vs the BCS conference and its not like those are all against Oklahoma. Boise is the best team in it conference by far, it deserves respect and attention but lets not lose sight that the conference overall is dreadful.

Another point is the Mountain West with Utah, BYU, TCU and co is much, much stronger conference than the WAC so i dont' really understand why people site all non BCS teams as equal. It would be like saying the Big East and SEC are the same. BTW Utah in that 5 year span vs BCS- 11-3.

Non Conference records from the NCAA site.
2008 MWC 22-12, WAC 12-23
2007 MWC 19-17, WAC 8-23
2006 MWC 15-19, WAC 14-21
2005 MWC 14-17, WAC 7-24

Could i see a MWC team play in a title game? Sure i think its possible. Unfortunately, it will probably have to be in a season where the stars align just right but its possible. People pushing for Boise need better ammo then a win over Oklahoma and destroying the WAC as a selling point.

Its just too hard to tell who is really the best team in the country without a playoff so fairly or unfairly you have to base some of this off history. To this point you really cannot include a Boise team in the title contention regardless of what they do until the conference improves or they switch conferences but i do think you could argue for a MWC team.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 02-09-2009 at 02:24 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:30 AM   #11
Rookie

justmanj's Arena

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the Mountain West currently petitioning to be apart of the BCS? I think the MWC will get a rep in the BCS title game before the WAC for sure. Especially Utah's showing against a team supposidly in the best conference in the NCAA. Plus, Utah did this same thing to a Pitt team that still had a somewhat respectable Big East (Boston College was still in but Miami and VT had hit the bricks to the ACC). Not to mention, TCU has been a solid program for many years. A lot of those years not in the MWC but still...Then you've got BYU. A national champion from the pre-BCS years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2009, 03:22 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Yea the MWC is trying to be part of the BCS.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #13
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

so can a team from a non BCS conference even play in the BCS championship???
Old 02-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #14
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

there is nothing wrong with the bcs forumula. its true to life. the prob is the ap and coaches poll. they both factor in to the bcs and when teams like tulsa go undefeated there is no real life human factor that says hey its tulsa, no way should they be in ranked that high because they arent bcs. the bcs formula itself is ok. its the polls that factor into that is making the bcs seem unrealistic.

ea has done really well making this more realistic than ever. it used to be all cluster f'ed up but now its better. i always would just sim those teams a loss to keep them out but for online dynasty's they should allow us to vote in the coaches poll and that would help that situation.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
so can a team from a non BCS conference even play in the BCS championship???
What do you mean?

I'm sure it's possible somehow.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #16
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

i was just not sure if a team that is in a non bcs conference can even play in the bcs championship being that its called the BCS championship.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »