Home

Wow! I just had a great game.

This is a discussion on Wow! I just had a great game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Wow! I just had a great game.

#1 Georgia Bulldogs(7-0) at #24 LSU Tigers(4-3)

Ok so I'm UGA. This was an unbelievable game and extremely fun. Alright so going into the game I know that Death Valley is ridiculously loud and that stadium is the #1 toughest place to play. So I knew it was going to be a close game and that they could easily upset me.

Now onto the game. The 1st quarter was just a great defensive quarter, or the whole game for that matter. But anyway, they get the ball first and they drive all the way down the field inside the redzone. Then Jarrett Lee throws a pass to the sideline and it gets intercepted by CB Asher Allen. So I have the ball and can't do anything with it...and that's basically how the rest of the quarter went, just great defense for both teams. 1st quarter ends, score is 0-0.

The 2nd quarter was dominated by LSU. I had the ball to start the quarter and I'm driving down the field. I'm inside their 40 yard line and almost in field goal range. It's 2nd down and I go with a pass play. I throw it to AJ Green on a quick slant, LSU's CB Taylor jumps the route, picks it off, and goes all the way for the TD. 7-0 Tigers. I get the ball back and go 3 and out. They drive down the field for a field goal. 10-0 Tigers. Once again, I get the ball and can't do anything. I do get some yardage, but it was a short drive that went for like 20 yards. I punt to them and they have the ball with under 2 minutes. They're driving right down the field with no problem and the next thing I know Jarrett Lee hits Mitchell for a 26 yard TD pass. 17-0 Tigers. I get the ball with 1:15 left in the quarter. I get to about midfield before they stop on 3rd down once again..I punt, quarter ends 30 seconds later. 17-0 Tigers at halftime.

3rd Quarter starts with them kicking off to me. I put together a nice drive before I finally get stopped on 3rd down...but I am in field goal range. So I attempt a 46 yard field goal and it's good. 17-3 Tigers. They get the ball back and I'm afraid that they're going to score a TD and push the lead even further than it already is. They start out the drive at about the 30 yard line. They do one run play and get about 4 yards. On 2nd down, good ol' Jarrett Lee gives me a gift. He throws a pass that was DIRECTLY to my CB, nowhere near the receiver, and my CB picks it off and goes for like 10 yards. So I have the ball with amazing field position and a chance to get within 7 points. I start to run the ball more with Moreno and hes getting great yards. Then I go for a pass play on 2nd down at the 16 yard line. I look for my receivers, but have nothing so I have to throw to my backup runningback and he goes all the way for the TD! 17-10 Tigers. they get the ball back and drive down the field for a FG. 20-10 Tigers...quarter ends.

Onto the 4th quarter. I get the ball and am looking for a TD. I ran the ball with Moreno a whole lot on this drive and he just shredded the Tigers' defense(130 yards for the game). I get all the way down the field and I have 1st and goal...I run it, get stopped. 2nd and goal. I run it again and get stopped. 3rd and goal. This time I try a play action pass...and I can't find anything. 4th and goal and I seriously wanted to go for it. But I played it smart and kicked the field goal. 20-13 Tigers. They get the ball back with a little under 4 minutes to play. They're driving right down the field and I'm afraid that they're going to get a field goal or even a TD which would probably end my hopes of winning. Well they get within great field goal position, and once again Jarrett Lee saves the day for me. LOL. He throws his 3rd interception of the game that was picked off by Asher Allen once again(his 2nd INT of the game), Allen goes for a long distance and I thought he was gonna go all the way but he got tackled inside the Tigers' 30 yard line. My ball with about 2:30 to play. At this point, I'm just looking to go into OT. So I run the ball with Moreno to try to run the clock down so that LSU doesn't have any time left on the clock if I score a TD. Well it doesn't work out how I planned because Moreno busts a few big runs. I'm inside the 5 yard line, 1:15 left and run it up the gut for a TD. 20-20 TIE GAME! I kickoff to the tigers, 1 minute remaining. I force them to 3 and out! I call a timeout and they have to punt with about 45 seconds on the clock. i get a great punt return to about midfield. I have 3 timeouts. I run the ball a little and throw little short passes so I don't risk an interception. I get within good field position, but then Moreno takes off for a 10 yard run and that gives me great field goal position. I take a timeout with 2 seconds left. I go for a 33 yard FG, they ice me, but I make it anyway with no time left on the clock! 23-20 I win!

just a great game. And it's even better because I never had the lead in this game. Not once. They led the whole entire game until the last second when I kicked the game winning field goal.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #2
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Wow! I just had a great game.

Sounds like a great game. Those kinds of situations are always so nerve racking for me - I know it's just a video game, but those last minute scenarios drive me crazy...
Old 02-13-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Wow! I just had a great game.

See now this is the type of game that is amazingly fun. The ones where you're number 1 in the nation or playing for a NC, you're playing a game against one of the best college programs, you're playing AT their stadium which is a fun environment, and it was a defensive battle. I've had plenty of "great games," but a lot of them were games where I didn't want to have such a great game....like once I was Auburn and I was like 5th in the nation playing a terrible UCF team...and I won by like 3 points, I think 52-49. those games are the games that i hate...great games that are against terrible teams that you should've destroyed. Those are the ones that really bug me. lol. And I've had several other great games against good teams but they were all these insanely high scoring games. I absolutely love the low scoring defensive battles like the one you just had. Sounds fun. Even better since you were number 1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »