Home

NCAA Negativity

This is a discussion on NCAA Negativity within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are People Too Critical of NCAA '09?
Yes - people are overly critical 47 37.60%
No - the responses are fair 60 48.00%
NO - people are too lenient with EA 18 14.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2009, 02:58 PM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: NCAA Negativity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtneerManiac
Negativity is good for the game. It pushes the producers to make their game even better.

There's a lot of things I love about the game, but there's many things I hate. I choose to harp on the things I hate in the hope that negativity about that will get the problem noticed, and then fixed.
But the developers will tune those out that only harp on things and are overly critical. If you don't mix in some constructive criticism and some objectivity, I think any valid points made end up going in one ear and out the other.

There is a big difference between whether you think NCAA '09 was good or not versus whether people are being overly critical. Many people had concerns with the game but it's how they voiced those concerns is the topic of the day. I don't agree with your approach but to each his own.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #10
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Gamers are going to be critical regardless, NCAA (and EA to a greater extent) is not alone in this area. I have played games that I thought were very enjoyable only to go to a message board and see thread after thread about why the game is a complete disaster.

I think NCAA (and again EA to a greater extent) catch so much fury because year after year the game underachieves or has very few redeeming qualities. So short answer long, no I don't think people are overly critical, people just want to get their money's worth and feel they aren't.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:15 PM   #11
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

I voted for overly critical, though im probably in between that and "responses are fair"

I think alot of people overlook the fact that Online Dynasty is such a revolutionary enhancement to anything we've seen on the console to date. It has changed the playing field of online gaming IMO and hopefully is the pre-curser to NFL, NBA, NCAA Basketball and other sport games having the same type of online gaming module.

That being said, the QA for the game was poor at best... i think they should do more testing by users.. not an open beta, but select an active group of guys to really run the game through it's paces for a month or so before they release.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's a major compliment to the game, that so many customers are recurring customers. This game is routinely a top-seller every year. Most of us have grown-up with this game and love to play it.

That being said, asking a repeat customer to shell-out $60 year after year, for minimal advance in a product is unheard of in most industries.

I purchase this game every year. I play it multiple times per week, year-long. Its a great game, by far my favorite. But there are many issues with it. Some that are mentioned in these forums are minor bugs, but some are major issues that need to be addressed. Hopefully, guys like OMT read through these from time-to-time and realize that most of the people on this forum really enjoy the game. They want to offer there opinions on how this game can be improved each year.

The point that any company stops caring about my opinion of their product as customer, is when I stop purchasing their product.
Old 02-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdawg497
It's a major compliment to the game, that so many customers are recurring customers. This game is routinely a top-seller every year. Most of us have grown-up with this game and love to play it.

That being said, asking a repeat customer to shell-out $60 year after year, for minimal advance in a product is unheard of in most industries.

I purchase this game every year. I play it multiple times per week, year-long. Its a great game, by far my favorite. But there are many issues with it. Some that are mentioned in these forums are minor bugs, but some are major issues that need to be addressed. Hopefully, guys like OMT read through these from time-to-time and realize that most of the people on this forum really enjoy the game. They want to offer there opinions on how this game can be improved each year.

The point that any company stops caring about my opinion of their product as customer, is when I stop purchasing their product.
I do tend to agree here...the point is as soon as people stop complaining you are no longer relevant and your business will suffer.
Old 02-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #14
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

I think people are overly critical. I can understand people getting a little upset and frustrated. But some members just take it a little to far, they need to chill out.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #15
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

I think it is a fair balance. The real issue is that the negatives are what gets posted. People rarely discuss the positives. They usually just PM me to tell me how much they like the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 08:15 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

I play ncaa 09 all the time its great. Needs a lot of fine tuning but i enjoyed the wide open game play. I think it should be cater more 2 the defense this year ,but its college football and people teams score alot at the college level. Some bugs a handful of feature added a few taking out and where talking about a A+ game this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »