Home

NCAA Negativity

This is a discussion on NCAA Negativity within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are People Too Critical of NCAA '09?
Yes - people are overly critical 47 37.60%
No - the responses are fair 60 48.00%
NO - people are too lenient with EA 18 14.40%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #17
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Negativity

I think that the criticism needs to be there. It's a $60 game on a "next-gen" console, and people expect quality. When these "next-gen" models are missing features that were routinely in "last-gen" games and when the gameplay on "next-gen" games is probably worse than "last-gen" gameplay, paying customers have the right to complain.

Nobody is really bashing this game or the developers - we really WANT them to succeed in creating a quality game, and we know that they're capable. We're just asking that EA puts all of their effort into this game, especially when we're all paying $60 a year during a major economic crisis.
That a life without knowledge is death in disguise?"
Old 02-17-2009, 09:25 PM   #18
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane_Mutiny
I think that the criticism needs to be there. It's a $60 game on a "next-gen" console, and people expect quality. When these "next-gen" models are missing features that were routinely in "last-gen" games and when the gameplay on "next-gen" games is probably worse than "last-gen" gameplay, paying customers have the right to complain.

Nobody is really bashing this game or the developers - we really WANT them to succeed in creating a quality game, and we know that they're capable. We're just asking that EA puts all of their effort into this game, especially when we're all paying $60 a year during a major economic crisis.
Yep, and we want to hear it. Otherwise we wouldn't come here.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:11 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yep, and we want to hear it. Otherwise we wouldn't come here.
OK good! LOL If ya'll not adding FCS school come up with something better than the Northsouthwestern FCC Div 2 nonsense we deal with now!LOL
Old 02-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #20
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I think that a good majority of the negativity is the fact that it's the ONLY choice that we have. If you are a fan of college football this is what you have. I do enjoy the game and play it often enough to pass judgement. I think it is over analized and nitpicked. It does need a few ajustments and we should expect more for our $60 every year.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:52 PM   #21
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

The fact that issues that have been hampering this game for the last 5+ years still remain unchanged does nothing but add to what EA deserves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #22
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

Interesting thread, rudy.

I think some people are confusing feedback, issues, complaints, constructive criticism, etc. with negativity.

I don't view "09 is OK, but the OD bug and gameplay bothered me" as negativity, even if worded with adjectives stolen from a sailor.

IMHO, an example of negativity is people who run thread to thread, forum to forum, reminding us how much they think EA sucks, that they think EA can't make a good game, that NCAA FB is always horrible, that people who buy it are sheep, taking threads off-topic just to take potshots, etc. That is negativity....yet some of them seem to buy the game each and every year, which seems really contradictory.

Most extremely negative people rarely offer feedback or direct thoughts on what they'd like to see changed, but sure are masters of insults. That does nothing for providing feedback for the game or for the at-large NCAA Football community.

At our workplace (or school), most of us would not tolerate some of the negative comments they hear as 'feedback' (personal insults, for example). The NCAA Football team members that have posted at various sites should be commended for having thick skin and really valuing the community. (OMT, G-Reg13, Wisey105, GoodTalkRuss, BigBenFSU.)

/off soapbox
Old 02-17-2009, 11:47 PM   #23
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah, I've gained a great deal of respect for the EA development team as a result of their active presence in the online community. The fact that OMT is on here so often answering our questions at least lets me know that EA is interested in what we have to say (even if it doesn't always show in the product). This really gives me hope that they'll put out a quality game in 2010.
That a life without knowledge is death in disguise?"
Old 02-18-2009, 08:37 AM   #24
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I think it goes both ways. If you are constructively breaking down the game and offering up suggestions and ideas, i dont think thats being too negative. After all, it is YOUR opinion. But people who come in and say "0MG 0MG THIS GAME SUXORZ" are ridiculous. That helps no one and just clutters up the board. If you read these big threads, there are countless posts like that, but also some very good posts filled with questions or ideas. I see nothing wrong with that.

ANd i will say this. I was very disappointed in the game (im more defensive minded), but i also played more years in a dynasty than i have since 04. Says something. I played the game for what it was.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »