Home

3 years into the Impact player feature! Is it making the game more fun?

This is a discussion on 3 years into the Impact player feature! Is it making the game more fun? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
3 years into the Impact player feature! Is it making the game more fun?

I played 09 in not 1 of my impact players ever got into the "zone" and in 07 and 08 when a player was in a zone that just ment they were goning break a tackle maybe 2. Its corny & out dated. All it did in 09 was put a bunch of players out of position its a waste they should come up with a better way 2 seperate ballers from scrubs! USC has a team full of studs why they only get 3? Teams that suck still get 3 why? Madden is rescaling there ratings maybe they should try that but as of now impact player sounds great but 3 year in it just doesnt work. Not 2 mention the 3 they pick usually are questionable and in real life they dont even make in impact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 3 years into the Impact player feature! Is it making the game more fun?

When it first came out I thought it was pretty cool, but as the years go by the impact of impact players really is that big. When an impact player was in the zone in like 06 or 07 they made big plays but when there in the zone in 09 they dont really do anything to make big plays. At least this is what I see. I may be wrong, but either have them make an impact or take the idea away.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #3
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdawg
I played 09 in not 1 of my impact players ever got into the "zone" and in 07 and 08 when a player was in a zone that just ment they were goning break a tackle maybe 2. Its corny & out dated. All it did in 09 was put a bunch of players out of position its a waste they should come up with a better way 2 seperate ballers from scrubs! USC has a team full of studs why they only get 3? Teams that suck still get 3 why? Madden is rescaling there ratings maybe they should try that but as of now impact player sounds great but 3 year in it just doesnt work. Not 2 mention the 3 they pick usually are questionable and in real life they dont even make in impact.
And I can GUARANTEE that you'd be one of the first to use USC in every online game when they'd have all those impact players.

God, I can only imagine how much more the game would suck online if they put more than three on a team. It'd be a nightmare.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtneerManiac
And I can GUARANTEE that you'd be one of the first to use USC in every online game when they'd have all those impact players.

God, I can only imagine how much more the game would suck online if they put more than three on a team. It'd be a nightmare.
1st im asking them 2 take it off cause its useless IMO anyways.

2nd i hate playing with the top tier teams.

3rd i have never played on line.

But i shouldnt beat USC with WSU everytime i play them with the heisman setting and sliders turned all the way up.

But you cant justify Ohio having the same # of impact players as Ohio St. and when they first came up with the idea thats how they planned it but later changed it 2 3 a team! Not that it matters cause they didnt make an impact in 09 anyways
Old 02-17-2009, 07:13 PM   #5
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

Quote:
1st im asking them 2 take it off cause its useless IMO anyways.

2nd i hate playing with the top tier teams.

3rd i have never played on line.

But i shouldnt beat USC with WSU everytime i play them with the heisman setting and sliders turned all the way up.

But you cant justify Ohio having the same # of impact players as Ohio St. and when they first came up with the idea thats how they planned it but later changed it 2 3 a team! Not that it matters cause they didnt make an impact in 09 anyways
It's to keep things balanced, mostly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #6
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

I really liked it when it first came out. When your impact guy did something cool.. It went into slow motion. I liked it. Now it kinda seems pointless. And we cant even give it to the guys we want to give it to.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtneerManiac
It's to keep things balanced, mostly.
My point is its not working. So get rid of it. The passing cone in madden was surpose 2 be a good feature but it wasnt and they got rid of it same here! @ 1st i think it was over done You were guaranteed on defense 2 strip the ball and on offense you were gonna break a tackle. In 09 well they didnt do anything so that makes it obsolete!
Old 02-18-2009, 12:11 AM   #8
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

Quote:
My point is its not working. So get rid of it. The passing cone in madden was surpose 2 be a good feature but it wasnt and they got rid of it same here! @ 1st i think it was over done You were guaranteed on defense 2 strip the ball and on offense you were gonna break a tackle. In 09 well they didnt do anything so that makes it obsolete!
Then what's the point in taking the time to take it out if it does nothing? It's not like it takes much space up. Just think of it as a way to signify your best players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »