Home

My Thread 2 Russ Kiniry

This is a discussion on My Thread 2 Russ Kiniry within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
My Thread 2 Russ Kiniry

Russ said in his interview above all he wants 2 know what doesnt feel real about NCAA football. Cool Russ i got'ca!

The thing above all that makes this game unrealistic since i've been playing since Bill Walsh football that ya'll have still not captured is player tendenices. When i play Tim Tebow i expect him 2 tuck the ball and go crashing into my defense. I expect Tyrod Taylor 2 dance around my defense. And i expect Sam Bradford 2 use his pass blocking find the open WR or if the pressure(if it ever make it someday LOL) force him 2 throw the ball away. I wanna see running back like Knoshon Moreno finish is his runs. I wanna see small backs like Trindon Holiday avoid hits. I wanna see WR like Julio Jones be a handful for CBs 2 tackle. I wanna see WR like A.J. Green struggle 2 run routes while a WR like J.Dillard (from Rice) always be were hes suppose 2 be. I want 2 see CB like Vontae Davis take alot of chances and break on the ball while CB like Malcom Jenkins play it alot more safe. I wanna see DT like Mount Cody that need 2 be double teamed. Right now even though you guys try 2 create tendenices right now its merely cosmetic and has no merit in gameplay. The way player behave during the game now is completely random. And that couldnt be anymore unrealistic. There is no need 2 game plan or change up anything based on who your playing with minor differences (only being which formation they line up in)

The A.I. is terrible, CPU decision making is worst and the excution makes you think that they are trying 2 lose. You give players tendenices(are atleast fix it so they play with some) ,give the defense a brain(users and CPU) and fix the cpu running game and that will make this game maybe not perfect but it will be the best football game ever!

I hope this gets 2 you!

Last edited by nexdawg; 02-20-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
MVP

MillardMavs's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: My Thread 2 Russ Kiniry

I agree.

I think NCAA Football 10 should do something like NBA Live did with 365.

They could call it NCAA Football Brawl.

IDK
Old 02-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillardMavs
I agree.

I think NCAA Football 10 should do something like NBA Live did with 365.

They could call it NCAA Football Brawl.

IDK
No you mean Nba Live DNA

365 just was updates 2 the players DNA, injuries and trades

But i do agree and i have been saying that very statement 4 weeks now
Old 02-20-2009, 06:14 PM   #4
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

I emailed him the link to this.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 24

I would like to supplement what the OP said with the deep ball has to be reintroduced into next gen. The offense is easy to stop because you really only have to cover around 10 yards. Couple this with things like the OP said about the poor AI and its just alot of wasted downs by the CPU. Plus, the CPU has to learn from my tendencies that game. If i am running the same or similar plays over and over the CPU needs to recognize this.

Something not said earlier is that the CPU has to learn how to sort out their talent in future seasons. They should not have 5 LTs and 1 RT, 10 QBs and 3 DTs. Stuff like this. Furthermore, the CPU should run plays based on the personel or recruit for the playbook, either or.

Back to the feel- small things like nets going up for FGs, refs on the field, enterences, etc would add alot of atmosphere but i also think audio things like the student side of the field being louder when the opponent is there. More pitch levels for big games and duds. More varying cheers, boos, hecklings. Dynamic attendence.

The Audio to me seems like something that could be added without alot of resources burned. The play decisions of the CPU just have to improve along with what the CPU does in recruiting and position changes.

Also, improve how well the CPU recruits especially the better schools. I don't see them removing people that sign elsewhere from their lists for example. And Progression seems high- tons of really highly ranked teams in seasons 2-4. I personally think it more the initial 2-3-4 star freshman are too high on the default rosters.

thanks

Last edited by dkrause1971; 02-21-2009 at 02:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2009, 12:24 PM   #6
Rookie

Roy38's Arena

OVR: 2

While I appreciate great graphics, I wish EA would spend more time polishing their product. It seems every year, we get a graphical upgrade instead of enhanced or added features. I understand NCAA is a yearly update with limited development time, but why not spend that development time on adding player animations, improving the A.I. or game engine, improve gameplay (i.e., offensive line/defensive line interaction, player logic, etc.), adding features (create-a-school, improved recruiting, etc.), improve presentation, etc. rather than a complete graphics overall every year? EA should take a hard look at ESPN NFL 2K5 and learn to create that layer of polish.

It's like a car, it may look fantastic, but if it can't run correctly why drive it?
Old 02-21-2009, 05:30 PM   #7
Rookie

I understand a feature like players "DNA" would 2 difficult but maybe some kind of rating that would control players behavior would be great maybe 1 that dictate how players play on field. Maybe a rating For Athleticism, Contact, Instincts, Risk-Taking, Penetration, First Step, and Toughness
  • Athleticism- can control how often QB look 2 run but all so control the affects of moving a player out of his natural position
  • Contact- can control how physical players are in play
  • Instincts- can control player ability 2 make the right decision during plays(im assuming awareness controls mistakes players make and composer)
  • Risk-Taking- high risk taking player on defense turn 2 force turnovers, on offense QB's will force the ball into WR's and the ball carrier will turn 2 make bigger plays @ the risk of turning the ball over
  • Penetration- will control just the DT ability 2 get penetration on the snap(hopefully you guys are fixing o-line and d-line interaction and o-line double teams will be in the game)
  • First step- will control DE's and maybe Blitzing LB's ability 2 get a fast first step(not just a button function)
  • Toughness- Madden already uses this feature
Old 02-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I have probably 5 or 6 plays like this saved on my PS3 where the QB throws a ball and it knuckles like a Tim Wakefield pitch in mid-air. This is the wire view so it follows the football, and you can see the camera suddenly changes direction. This is why I've always believed the game is, to a point, scripted. I should have an interception on this play, but the ball just knuckles around me.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/232606

As for blocked punts, the game considering them a fumble causes a few problems. I block this punt, and the punter recovers, he can in theory, pick the ball up and run...and he could've run 10 yards maybe in this play. That's a big deal. Even if this were a fumble, the rule is incorrect. For the most part, you guys have the 4th down thing correct, that it can't be advanced, but it can if it's by the player who fumbled. Maybe you guys know that rule, but I think the fumble actually is attributed to the center if I'm not mistaken and that causes the kicker not to be able to advance. Similarly, missed FG returns are counted as fumbles then those are not either.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2659364

Lastly, part of me believing it's scripted, is stuff like this.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/photo/232528

I can't tell you how many pics I have on my cell phone or saved on the PS3 of the ball going THROUGH my players body. Sometimes the helmet, sometimes the arm, sometimes the sternum. It doesn't always happen though, which makes me wonder why it happens when it does and if it happens to help the AI, because the ball has never gone through the CPU to help me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »