Home

Could EA be more wrong with their ratings?

This is a discussion on Could EA be more wrong with their ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

OVR: 4
Could EA be more wrong with their ratings?

I mean come on Pat White ran a 4.5 40. Yet he has like 90 something speed...

I believe alot of their speed ratings are way off. At most he should have 83 speed.

Don't be so happy with the speed ratings.

I'm not tring to complain, i'm just saying...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Could EA be more wrong with their ratings?

Since they don't have "expanded" speed ratings like are being introduced into Madden, Pat White is clearly an elite speedster compared to most NCAA players.

But then again, everyone's favorite darling Percy Harvin ran a 4.4 and nobody seems to be in an uproar... shocking. I remember seeing people claim he was a 4.25 guy and laughing.

People are causing too much fuss over 40 times this week. Show me a football play where a guy runs 40 yards on any given play from a prone track stance without changing direction or taking contact from another player.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Since they don't have "expanded" speed ratings like are being introduced into Madden, Pat White is clearly an elite speedster compared to most NCAA players.

But then again, everyone's favorite darling Percy Harvin ran a 4.4 and nobody seems to be in an uproar... shocking. I remember seeing people claim he was a 4.25 guy and laughing.

People are causing too much fuss over 40 times this week. Show me a football play where a guy runs 40 yards on any given play from a prone track stance without changing direction or taking contact from another player.
Boo-ya! Football fast is alot different from track fast. You have to take into account padding, other equipment, the type o grass/ turf. There are alot more variables that should be factored in when determining speed for a given player. I ran a 4.5 constantly my junior and senior year of high school, but at times I could leave the guys on my team that ran 4.3s and sometimes id get caught by guys that ran 4.8s.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Not just that 4.5 is fast @ any level i can run a 4.48 if my coach is doing the timing ,but if a ran @ the combine it would be more like a 4.61. There times are more precise Heyward-Bey has track speed and ran a 4.3 flat and like YAK said even Harvin's time wasnt eye popping. A 4.55 @ the college level is blazing thats where the want the RB's time to be @ in the combine!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

In NCAA the greater injustices is the Athlelitic Qb's Terrelle Pryor, Tyrod Taylor, Jake Locker, Matt Grothe, John Chiles(Texas hes a blazer) Justin Feagins, and so on and so on who dont even break the 85 mark is crazy to me i just end up having to change everybody anyways. They suck at picking out ratings for players some guys come on later(thats understandable) but some guys they just are way off the mark
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow

Percy Harvin is injured but he ran anyways, he stayed out of some drills. Just shows the warrior he is. He played in the national championship game with a broken ankle. He ran a 4.32 as a senior in high school.

Thus the high speed rating in ncaa football. Pat White did not. Thing is with Harvin, he plays faster on the field then he does in shorts. What makes him good is his burst and acceleration not so much top speed.

Anyways stay tuned to the florida proday, i'm sure he will put up a better time. That injury is still bothering him.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #7
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

The 40-yard dash is not the end-all, be-all of true speed. A player's game speed matters the most. Some fast game players suck at track, so they won't run fast at 40s.

But speed is waay too high on the offensive side of the ball in this game to begin with.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdawg
In NCAA the greater injustices is the Athlelitic Qb's Terrelle Pryor, Tyrod Taylor, Jake Locker, Matt Grothe, John Chiles(Texas hes a blazer) Justin Feagins, and so on and so on who dont even break the 85 mark is crazy to me i just end up having to change everybody anyways. They suck at picking out ratings for players some guys come on later(thats understandable) but some guys they just are way off the mark
forgot Jacory Harris and the biggesst of them all in robert griffin the third!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »