Home

another glitch for OMT in 09

This is a discussion on another glitch for OMT in 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9
another glitch for OMT in 09

im playing in my OD against the CPU it misses the extra point by hitting the upright and bouncing out, my player catches it and the whistle blows

not only is that wrong its still a live ball i could should have been able to attempt a return on it

then the funny part comes now im kicking off again to the cpu after it just scored a TD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: another glitch for OMT in 09

Yup. This one has been mentioned a few times. It cost me a game once.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I also had a weird glitch on a field goal. I was kicking the game winning field goal (I was down by 1pt) with 3 sec remaining. The kick is was good and no time was left on the clock. There was a holding penalty on the offense. If I'm not mistaken I should have been able to kick it again but I wasn't able to. They accepted the penalty and the game just ended in a 42-41 loss for me. Knocked me right out of the National Title hunt.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have another quick question which I think might be a glitch in recruiting.

I had a player on a board and I offered him a scholarship and had him in for a visit. I then didn't think I'd get him so I removed him from my board.

The next week I got a good amount of hard commits so I decided I'd make a hard run at this guy. I am #1 with a soft commit right now, after he visited the 2nd time, but I swear to god he is not going to commit to me. I have seen this happy once before, and I'm not sure if there is anything I can do to make him hard commit.

I was #1 with a soft commit and offered him and he said something like "Yeah right, you'll have to get lucky to get me, coach" (paraphrased horribly).

Any help would be appreciated!?
Old 02-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxjgbxx
im playing in my OD against the CPU it misses the extra point by hitting the upright and bouncing out, my player catches it and the whistle blows

not only is that wrong its still a live ball i could should have been able to attempt a return on it

then the funny part comes now im kicking off again to the cpu after it just scored a TD
I thought if ball hits the upright the play is dead. I think EA got that one right..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Once the passed ball hits any part of the goal posts it is considered dead. According to an article on chicagosports.com, former NFL referee Jerry Markbreit was asked a similar question.
"If the ball hits the upright is it still in play on a forward pass or a field goal try?"

His answer was:

"The goal post is out-of-bounds in the end zone; however, a field goal try that hits any part of the goal posts and rebounds through scores three points. So, in this case, the goal post remains in play. If the ball rebounds back into the end zone or into the field of play, it cannot be advanced because it is dead by rule. If a forward pass hits the goal post, it is dead immediately and an incomplete pass is ruled."
Old 02-23-2009, 06:26 PM   #7
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Once the ball hits an upright it's a dead ball. You can't return it, unless you're playing Arena Football.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I love these posts when people want to complain about something that lost them a game and they get a bunch of other people that don't know the correct rules to complain as well about it.

Haha, and then their wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »