Home

Best Recruitment Steal

This is a discussion on Best Recruitment Steal within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2009, 02:23 AM   #1
Rookie

KingsRock91's Arena

OVR: 6
Best Recruitment Steal

Doing a New Mexico State dynasty... wanted to build up a 1-star to a 6.

Third year in, 3 stars prestige pretty sure. Off-season week 2. I saw a 4-star running back with no scholarship offers, with his top choice being Michigan. With very little talent already coming, I figured why not try getting him. I spent two hours loading up on promises. In two weeks, he had signed with me.

Any other good recruitment stories?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Best Recruitment Steal

You can do this type of thing frequently. Especially with positions such as RB, DE, and CB.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

And WR too.

If you spend a little time going through the top 150 you'll find many who simply haven't been offered or recruited. It's convenient but not very realistic.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Pro

xxjgbxx's Arena

OVR: 9

its always nice to find the 6'7 wr with A+ speed being a 2 star and not getting a contract offer
Old 02-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

hopefully they fix this aspect in 2010.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
Rookie

dex26-'s Arena

OVR: 4

My 1st year with hawaii. I pretty much could not land anyone but with these 4 guys signing i wasn't dissapointed.

In total i was able to get 6 guys to sign with my team. Yeah sad.

But 4 of these guys were 4 stars.

Strong Saftey (i run a 425 defense so i needed this guy.
95 speed
tackle 78
zone B-
man B

Corner
95 speed
Zone B+
Man B
knock him was his tackle rating at like in the low 60s

2 running backs called Joe and Jared west. 1 was a balanced back and the other was a power back.

Joe this season though 5 games has 790 rushing yards and 9 tds, 5 KO returns for tds and 800+ return hards
He has 96 speed, 87 truck and agility in the 90s. He seems faster then Chris Rainey and moves better too.

The power back i got.
94 speed
truck 79
break tackle in the 80s somewhere.

I'm now in my 2nd year in my hawaii dynasty and i'm getting top recruits visiting on my rival games vs fresno st.

Got the #1 WR and #1 OLB visiting and some other 4 stars. I'm still a 4 star program. We all have 3 user games a peice so its abit difficult.

I believe Hawaii is on the rise. Thing that sucks is i only have 2 pitches that are great, the majority of them are fair or good, 3 of them being very good. So its not easy recruiting.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:34 AM   #7
Rookie

RUhokie86's Arena

OVR: 4

i was playing online dynsassty with a few buddies 2 of them where 1 and 2 on this wr list i snuck in and stole him from them during the regualr season and he ended up being a 90 overall as a freshman
Old 02-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

If we're talking steals, then it would have to be a 5-star WR that I stole from 2 other members of our OD three seasons ago as UNLV. He was a 4.16 SPD 6'1" WR with good SPC and CTH and I was ranked 5th on his list going into the last week of the season behind two other user teams and two CPU teams. After the first week of the offseason, I moved up to 3rd on his list behind only the two user teams. I only offered him one promise the next week but had about 7 successful pitches in 2 hours to steal the commit.

2.5 years later and he's the reigning Heisman winner with a chance to repeat and possibly break the NCAA career TD record for WR's if he returns for his senior season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »