Home

NO NEW QB RATINGS IN NCAA 10

This is a discussion on NO NEW QB RATINGS IN NCAA 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2009, 05:17 PM   #65
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: NO NEW QB RATINGS IN NCAA 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I'd just like to point out that the new passing radius changes were more important to me than the new QB ratings. We had 20 or so ratings in this game already that meant next to nothing, so I think too big of a deal is being made of the new ratings.

The real question to me is whether NCAA has found out a way to lower QB accuracy across the board while also lowering INTs. If that is accomplished for NCAA 10, then I could care less about the additional ratings.

Would it have been nice to have the ratings? Yes, but only if the gameplay was tuned to show the ratings disparity correctly. I still have my doubts on that since EA has a history of not reflecting ratings differences.

So OMT, two questions:

1. Is there a noticeable increase in incompletions that are not touched by a defensive player?

2. Are the passing radius changes that Ian made to Madden also going to make their way into NCAA 10?
1. Yes. I have been seeing incomplete passes without being touched.

2. Yes. We have the passing radius stuff as well. It will be driven by the THA rating instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Peench
The biggest issue with this game (other than line play) is the lack of incompletions. Seems like the only ones I throw are picks or drops. .
That's my biggest gripe with this game.

In online league play, it seems like most guys can complete 70% of there passes, but still throw 3 INTs per game.

Every INT is usually a REALLY bad throw.

Where are the throws that barely miss the WR? Where he gets lead a bit too much, a bit behind, too high, too low, maybe the WR gets his hand on the ball, but the pass was just a bit off and he couldn't get to it and it's incomplete.

You dont see that nearly enough. 90% of incompletions are batted down.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:18 PM   #67
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
OMT you saying theres gunna be a blog today or tommorow?
Hopefully today.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:19 PM   #68
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
OMT i heard you arent doing multiple cover athletes! Why not?
I can't confirm or deny that at this point. Anything about cover athlete or athletes will be announced around the draft like last year.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 21

thanks for answering OMT... glad to have you with us. Now get rid of that mad football face... everytime I see it, it makes me feel like your mad at us.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:23 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
LOL. NCAA 09 with a patch and a roster update is not getting anyone's money. It's funny how much you all take out of one set of player attributes not making it into the game. We know next to nothing about NCAA 10 at this point, so we're really not in a position to say whether the game will be good enough to buy.

This is all pretty minor until we get the real marketing releases and typical media releases.
correction, it ALREADY HAS OUR MONEY. and if its the 2010 season, the 09 game would already be marked down to 29.99 or whatever anyway and IMHO worth it at that price point to pick it up if u hadnt already and a new version wouldnt be coming out this year. not a bad idea to me.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
1. Yes. I have been seeing incomplete passes without being touched.

2. Yes. We have the passing radius stuff as well. It will be driven by the THA rating instead.
LOL thats was better You should have said that i feel a lil better now. You guys need to a better job letting us know whats what!

Good question YAK man you are on your $hit! LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2009, 05:28 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdawg
You guys need to a better job letting us know whats what!
Dude, they have multiple developers and producers throwing up 100s of posts letting us know what's what.

They cant exactly just tell us everything that'll be in the game 6 months before the game drops.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »